1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New TH-37PE30 Viera ordered. Tips needed.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by robtodd, Oct 31, 2004.

1. robtodd

robtodd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hello,

I have finally snapped with my TX36PD30 and my retailer has agreed to let me exchange for the Viera.:thumbsup:
    I need useful info. Everyone seems happy with this set. I am more than happy to go the way of plug and play. The freeview plus my Sky box will keep my girlfriend happy. The component video connectivity satisfies me with prog scan from NTSC. Are there any nasty buzzes out of this set? 100hz mode in the Acuity drove me to distraction. Also the set had "doming", mucky gray marks due to a fault in the shadowmask, onscreen. This does seem to be a CRT feature. With plasma I'm assuming this is a non issue?
    Folks give me your opinions please.

Cheers.

Rob.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I would buy your retailer a beer..... not many would let you do that......... TAKE IT OUT OF DYNAMIC MODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And get a copy of AVIA or DVE to set contrast brighness etc have a search loads of people have the veira.............. Oh and some decnet cables are worth getting/trying And dont forget your free stand and DVD recorder.....

3. robtodd

robtodd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    hornydragon

I'll drink that beer for them. Yes the stand and DVD recorder are part of this. Hurrah! The wait according to the sales guy is 2 to 6 weeks but we will see. I have the DVE disc for NTSC which I have found really useful on my PD30s, though curing dirty screen is not in its powers.
    Am I correct in assuming dirty screen and geometry are not issues with plasma? Pixel drop out and screen burn may be though.
    Am I also correct in assuming that this screen is automaticaly prog scan?

Thanks for your comments. :thumbsup: