New telewest services

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by Tomo1971, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Tomo1971

Tomo1971
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Not long off the phone from a telewest CS girl, I was asking about the forthcoming PVR they are supposed to be releasing.

She had been on a training day/course about it and all was a little vague but she did say that it will be offering more than Sky +.

She said that you wont have to actually remember to record your favorite programs as ALL programs will be recorded automatically. Whether this be from your favorite selection of channels or all available channels I couldnt establish. Now that will be a huge hard drive!

She did say there were changes to the movies. If you pay for a movie, it is valid for 24 hours, whereas now its just at the set time that you pay for them.

Steve

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Yep the TW DVR (It ain't a PVR but neither is SKY+) is more advanced than SKY+ but then again SKY+ is 4 years old.

Unless they have licensed certain aspects of the TIVO software it'll probably be similar to ther series link function but unlike SKY+ I assume TW will have total control of the listings and therefore can not blame anyone else when it gets screwed up:)