• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New Technology - Who thinks of this stuff?

Chrisoldinho

Prominent Member
I was just readin the thread titled black holes (see track back) and how they are trying to manipulate energy to create a renewable source.

How the hell do people think this stuff up. Is it just the reserve of the few? science by modern day standards and new technology seems to advanced that I presume only a very few select people are capable of understanding it, let alone manipulating it and then creating things like the LHC.

Honestly it amazes me, simple maths and science such as how the first cars worked I still find remarkable (and something I will never understand) but manipulating a magnetic bottle using computers to create energy I just find, well :eek:.

Anyway, I could go on about this for hours but I won't bore you anymore :devil:

Singh400

Distinguished Member
I was just readin the thread titled black holes (see track back) and how they are trying to manipulate energy to create a renewable source.
See trackback? I've never used any of those features...

PS. Did I just win the GC record for taking a thread off topic? I hope so. :D

Yandros

Prominent Member
Science fiction writers. :smashin:

Then the scientists try to catch up... :)

How many scientists for example are wondering how they can implement the teleport or hyperdrive? Quite a few, I bet.

Yeah, kinda true actually, but don't underestimate scientists.

I loved that fact that they struggled like crazy to create a Bose-Einstein condensate, and now they're just messing around with the stuff for the hell of it..."hey guys...check this out! If we pass a laser through it we can slow light down to walking pace!"

FZR400RRSP

Banned
How many scientists for example are wondering how they can implement the teleport or hyperdrive? Quite a few, I bet.

Haven't they done this already?
I'm sure I read someone had managed to teleport an atom across a room, or something.

I won't be happy until I get an invisible motorbike that is always just 'there'.
Like the Hairbear bunch.

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member

How the hell do people think this stuff up. Is it just the reserve of the few? science by modern day standards and new technology seems to advanced that I presume only a very few select people are capable of understanding it, let alone manipulating it and then creating things like the LHC.

Honestly it amazes me, simple maths and science such as how the first cars worked I still find remarkable (and something I will never understand) but manipulating a magnetic bottle using computers to create energy I just find, well :eek:.

Anyway, I could go on about this for hours but I won't bore you anymore :devil:

nanos gigantum humeris insidentes

What I wonder about is proving something after you have decided that it is true. Can you prove your imagination?...

For Example... Einstein proved most of the things which were playing on his mind. How creative was Einstein? He is known for his mathematical abilities, and yet at some point he was just toying with his imagination. Nowadays there are holes appearing in his theories. To tell the truth, I don't know if any of them were right. Does a skill at maths give you the ability to create the illusion of reality from your own imagination?

Nobody ever wonders how creative Einstein was, how his imagination was as great as his mathematical abilities. But his imagination must have been awesome for him to be thinking something, and it turns out right.

That is me.,, but without the maths part.

IronGiant

or the turning out right bit ;)

Last edited:

Iccz

Distinguished Member
What I wonder about is proving something after you have decided that it is true. Can you prove your imagination?...

For Example... Einstein proved most of the things which were playing on his mind. How creative was Einstein? He is known for his mathematical abilities, and yet at some point he was just toying with his imagination. Nowadays there are holes appearing in his theories. To tell the truth, I don't know if any of them were right. Does a skill at maths give you the ability to create the illusion of reality from your own imagination?

Nobody ever wonders how creative Einstein was, how his imagination was as great as his mathematical abilities. But his imagination must have been awesome for him to be thinking something, and it turns out right.

That is me.,, but without the maths part.

Wrong :thumbsdow

If you care to look into Einstein and try find out about when they went through his notebook you'll find out that he required the help of a Mathematician as he was puzzled by the maths.

He had an incredible imagination and a brilliant working mind in terms of physics, not only that he was determined not to listen to the crowd and to work on his own path.

or the turning out right bit ;)

Well this post alone, has nothing but 6 words in a line. Why should anyone believe those 6 words which have come from your own imagination?

You are passing on a message, but you don't even know what my theory is.

IronGiant

It was the dinosaur one, right? :)

Wrong :thumbsdow

If you care to look into Einstein and try find out about when they went through his notebook you'll find out that he required the help of a Mathematician as he was puzzled by the maths.

He had an incredible imagination and a brilliant working mind in terms of physics, not only that he was determined not to listen to the crowd and to work on his own path.

Closer to me then.

IronGiant

He lived on the same planet as us though.

9 words!!! Getting more descriptive! :D...

But still a message that is incorrect. I don't really need to explain why. :D

I think that posting incorrect information can become a habit.

IronGiant

Einstein didn't live on the same planet as us?, now you have piqued my curiosity...

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member
Einstein didn't live on the same planet as us?, now you have piqued my curiosity...

No he lived in an alternate reality made from the inside of a crunchie. :suicide:

People telling me about science, and don't even know the significance of 'Though'. Words are algorithms you know, and 'Though' is the important part.

'Though' cross references the sentence back to me as the example.

Last edited:

IronGiant

It doesn't cross reference back to anything without additional confirmation. You are extrapolating without a frame of reference and making assumptions.

Last edited:
It doesn't cross reference back to anything without additional confirmation. You are extrapolating without a frame of reference and making assumptions.

Pincho quote...
Closer to me then.

Me = Pincho
He = Einstein

He lived on the same planet as us
Einstein = Earth

Though = (Closer to me then) comparison between Pincho and Einstein in location using planets as reference of location mapping.

Einstein = Earth
Though = comparison Einstein + Earth <> Pincho + Earth

Though is incorrect. Therefore you sentence is incorrect.

Iccz

Distinguished Member
Pincho quote...

Me = Pincho
He = Einstein

Einstein = Earth

Though = (Closer to me then) comparison between Pincho and Einstein in location using planets as reference of location mapping.

Einstein = Earth
Though = comparison Einstein + Earth <> Pincho + Earth

Though is incorrect. Therefore you sentence is incorrect.

BUT... Einstein's mind was also on earth... ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom