New TagMclaren owner.

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by BadAss, Nov 23, 2001.

1. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Took the plunge today and bought this highly rated processor. But not had enough time to play any software yet!
    It came with the Prologic II software upgrade and the extra two surround outputs. I take it I can play DTS matrix and descrite with these, without anymore upgrades? The operating software is 3.3 but is it worth going for 3.4? If there's anything else you think I should know about this piece of kit please let me know. Cheers.

2. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Just read the Tag website and see the distrete 7.1 uprade is coming out next month. I take it this will be software only.

3. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Hi m8, nice to see you've joined the club :)

Your best posting any Tag questions on their own forum. Then you'll get a response from the CEO (Dr Udo Zucker) and any of the Helpdesk team that are around.

I think you'll enjoy everything you watch through your new amp. Next upgrade you'll have to budget for is the DVD player ;)
    I took me a while, but I'm glad I took the plung as it's the finest piece of kit I've bought.

4. Rob

Rob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Agree. Tag will get you with the AV32R, and before you know it you'll be saving for the rest. I'm managing perfectly well with one lung. :D

Rob.

5. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    I think I'd have to sell my soul before I could afford the £4000 asking price for that one.:(
    Oh well cant have everything.
    Pearl harbour should come today though. Oh yes!!!

6. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276
    Most of us thought that but we have all either bought the DVD32 or are saving for it. Just admit it is inevitable.....:)

7. Rob

Rob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Oh yes........

8. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    I also have a Rotel RMB 1095 power amp which has a mini jack for switching another unit on/off. Is there any way I can use this method to turn my AV32R on/off?

9. cskates

cskates
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If you want to switch the amp on with the AV32R, yes, this is possible. You have to use the action switches on the back and a suitable 12V source (like a little "wall wart" power supply) - assuming your 1095 takes a 12V trigger. You would have to make up a cable to do this yourself, or ask your hi-fi dealer to make one up for you.

If you want to use some external 'thing' to trigger the AV32R to switch on, you can't do that yet - the AV192R upgrades do include input trigger switches for that purpose.

10. RC

RC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forgive me for asking, but what price is realistic for an AVR32R these days? I see so many modules and stuff around, that it is hard to know how their pricing structure works?

Is there a base model and you can choose what add-ons you want, or do you always get all the add-ons available when you buy the model, therefore having to pay top $?

I've seen the thing priced between £2000 and £2775.

Thanks.

11. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    I'll use the figures given to me at the time of purchase. After having a bad online experience with Techtronics I went for a highstreet retailer where I knew gave good after sales service.
    The sales man said the retail price for the AV32R was £2200 but he had a model a previous customer had ordered and changed his mind and ordered the more expensive Meridian. This Tag model had the extra 7.1 matrix upgrade which would of cost £470 and the ProLogic II upgrade at £70. Plus the fact he would part exchange my old Amp I decided there may never be a better chance to own one. So I went for interest free credit and monthly payments. Now im the proud owner of an amazing piece of kit. Upgrades this month are the 7.1 DTS discrete for £100 but there are so few disks at the moment I can afford to wait till next year and look forward to that one. The cable for software upgrades is £70.