New tablet...... £200 budget..... But which one?

pistolpete1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
As the title suggests, I'm looking for a new tablet to replace my Nook hd+.

I would like a 8"+ screen if possible, as my current one is 9", and a tablet using the Android platform.

My potential list is as follows:

LG G Pad 8.3

Samsung galaxy note 8

Samsung tab 3 8.0

Anyone offer any help/advise? I could go a little higher with budget if it was worth it.

I got a Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 to replace my Xoom. I don't like TouchWiz or the bloat Samsung include, but a launcher and disabling lots of apps fixes that and for £140 it's a great piece of kit.

Seen the newer samsung tab pro 8.4" for just over £200. Specs look good on paper too, with a quad core processor (snapdragon 800) and 2gb ram.

My galaxy tab 2 10.1, 2 7 0 trump the Samsung galaxy tab 3 8 0, anytime. Am convinced the Samsung galaxy 2 tabs are the best Samsung ever made before they got complacent as usual with them. You can also load custom roms which bump up the operating system to kitkat and with apps like foldermount which can move apps to sd card. You can have loads of gaming fun. The galaxy tab 2 10.1 can be purchased for at least 100 £ second hand not sure if you can still buy it new.

I've heard that the Tab 4 range isn't as good as the Tab 3 range it replaces.

Seen the newer samsung tab pro 8.4" for just over £200. Specs look good on paper too, with a quad core processor (snapdragon 800) and 2gb ram.

I have one of these and I can honestly say it is a great tab, I sold my iPad mini retina and bought this, it is better than the mini retina. The screen is something to behold - it is super fast and just works! Highly recommended.

I have one of these and I can honestly say it is a great tab, I sold my iPad mini retina and bought this, it is better than the mini retina. The screen is something to behold - it is super fast and just works! Highly recommended.
I agree with Voucher. The recently released AMOLED 8.4 tab has the same basic specification but a change of screen and is somewhat thinner. On the plus side this will bring down the price of the original Pro tab 8.4. Look out for a bargain price.

Budget can't stretch to £300 I'm afraid. Very tempted by the tab pro 8.4 though. Just waiting to hear what will happen to my Nook hd+ as it's under warranty and the WiFi drops out after being on standby most of the time. Hoping to get my money back if its a fault :)

Ordered a Samsung galaxy tab pro 8.4 today. Arrives tomorrow via waitrose from John Lewis. I'll let you know my thoughts once I've had a play with it.

I have to say that this tablet is very good indeed. Highly recommended!!!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom