New system suggestions please.

vectra1

You’re quite welcome anytime sir.

I’d be interested to hear how you get on with the Yamaha when you get the chance 👍
Hi @Paul7777x

Yamaha arrived this morning.
Just got it hooked up and played some tracks from Tidal master hifi.
One track in particular I played via bluetooth and through the Yamaha, ( Donna Summer - I feel love ) all I can say is "How can that be" Absolutely blown away at how much this could raise the sq even further. Looking forward to more listening.
Thanks again for the invaluable advice.

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
You’re very welcome sir, as ever.

I’m delighted you’re very happy, it’s always a slight risk recommending hifi with personal taste being variable.

However that’s almost all speaker/room dependant.

Very good electronics are simply very good electronics.

I was quite astonished by the SQ of my WXC-50. As a preamp and streamer dac it’s quite mighty.

The same is true of the WXAD-10 (though I doubt its preamp is as good)

Quite impressive for a bargain price. And it’s multiple abilities make it more so.

Last edited:

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
PS, on the WXC there are several what Yamaha laughingly call enhancements. And an eco thing...

All of them were detrimental.

If there are any such additions to the WXAD, you’ll find them in the set up web page, and all, I found, were better switched off.

Cheshire Cat

You’re very welcome sir, as ever.

I’m delighted you’re very happy, it’s always a slight risk recommending hifi with personal taste being variable.

However that’s almost all speaker/room dependant.

Very good electronics are simply very good electronics.

I was quite astonished by the SQ of my WXC-50. As a preamp and streamer dac it’s quite mighty.

The same is true of the WXAD-10 (though I doubt its preamp is as good)

Quite impressive for a bargain price. And it’s multiple abilities make it more so.
Apologies for ‘jumping on’ the thread, but what’s the difference between the WXAD-10 and the iFi Zen Blue?
I’ve got a 20 year old Rega system (CD, Amp and Speakers) and want to hook up a streaming device to the Amp so I can stream from my Spotify account.

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
The Zen is simply a Bluetooth device. Connect it to your Rega amp and you’ll be able to stream anything from your phone or tablet, albeit at Bluetooth standard.

The Yamaha is a streamer in and of itself.

It includes Bluetooth, airplay, Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz and others. It is also a DNLA device too.

An altogether better prospect in every respect.

Cheshire Cat

The Zen is simply a Bluetooth device. Connect it to your Rega amp and you’ll be able 5o stream anything from your phone or tablet.

The Yamaha is a streamer. It includes Bluetooth, airplay, Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz and others. It is also a DNLA device too.

An altogether better prospect in every respect.
That’s great - many thanks Paul!

Lorchan

Ah, of course. So no need to consider the tv.

Therefore only the laptop and iPhone.

With the WXAD10 you would only need the phone to control what the Yamaha streams. That’s more useful than it seems as it doesn’t drain the phone battery, nor will message/email beeps and phone ringing interrupt the stream.

And you can use the phone as the streamer too should you wish.

And, if your laptop is UPnP compliant, you can stream directly from it to the Yamaha too.

It’s a splendid box of tricks for a bargain price. It’s certainly what I’d choose if I wanted to stream for sane money.

Anyone know how I stream from tidal on my laptop to Yamaha AD10?

vectra1

Lorchan

vectra1

Lorchan

On my ipad or iphone it's streaming over Airplay.

Not sure how to connect over wifi

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Anthem AVM 70 Review, EQing Your Home Cinema Sound System and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom