1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new system setup

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by kingo, Mar 30, 2005.

1. kingo

kingo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    After trawling through all the posts I have purchased a Panasonic TH42PE50 and Scht 1500 home cinema

I would like you guys to give me advice on the best way to connect these all together i do plan on buying some quality leads to enable me to use the progressive scan on the dvd, does everything need to connect through the scht 1500 dvd recorder then to the plasma?

I have the plasma, dvd recorder home cinema, Ntl digi box and video for the kids films.

sorry for looking the fool but this is all new to me, im more a PC man myself :lease:

2. kingo

kingo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    further to my post above, I have purchased 2 scart leads, set of component leads and audio leads, these are all Monster connections.

what I would like to know. Is what I have purchased enough to connect the above and be able to record from ntl box either using my dvd/hdd recorder or my vcr and for the sound for everything to be played through the surround sound.

Please Please someone help ???????

Thanks

Kingo :lease:

3. JohnCCFC

JohnCCFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I can offer a tiny bit of help.

My Sky+ box is scarted to my DVD recorder, which then goes off to my screen. I don't know what your inputs/ouputs are like but you look to do the same thing.

There are also AV amps which can feed signals about and also 'splitter' boxes, would COULD (maybe) help distribute signals from sources to various recorders.

The video could be a spanner in the works as you probably don't want to daisy chain too much together.

The 'how do I connect it all' is a problem that we all share, and all of our kit differs. I reckon that if you wrote a list of all of your inputs and outputs for each device, then people could help a little more.

Hope this at least gives you something to think about.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    SKy TV scart> AV2 on 1500 then AV1 on 1500 to AV4 on plasma via scart and component thats how to set it up....................

5. Nodrick

Nodrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HornyDragon

amp to plasma via scart AND component? how/why?

also

Which way round is best for this?
    Sony DAVSB500W home cinema/DVD
    435xde
    sky+

At the moment it is set up like this:

Sony DAVSB500W home cinema/DVD -> scart -> 435xde AV1
    Sky+ -> scart -> 435xde AV2
    sky+ -> phono ->Sony DAVSB500W home cinema/DVD

Is this better?

sky+ -> scart -> DAVSB500W -> scart ->435xde

OR

sky+ -> scart -> DAVSB500W -> scart -> JS RGB2Component -> component -> 435xde

OR

wibble? :suicide:

??????? :lease:

6. kingo

kingo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    thanks for your replies, just one question how do I know which is av4, the specs on the panasonic states 21-Pin Input/Output
    AV1: AV In, TV out, RGB In (rear)

which is the av4

Cheers i promise this is the last question..............

kingo

7. kingo

kingo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    thanks for all your help guys I am now all setup, did have a few problems although ntl>1500 av2 then 1500 avi to any scart connection on tv worked fine until i turned on the home cinema then unless i turned it off I could not get the tv on any av.

I ended up connecting ntl av2 > av1 plasma then ntl av1 > av2 panasonic 1500 then panasonic av1 to av3 plasma

it works fine now and I do noy need to turn the home cinema off to watch tv.

kingo