• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New system - EPOZ Aktimate Maxis + DAC + ATV2 + Airplay

strongman

Banned
I bought myself a new 'active/powered' system for the living room as myself and the wife had got a little fed up of the hifi system that was there originally taking up room and with wires everywhere.

Initially I had some Neat Motive 2's with a Cyrus 8VS2 amp and music was via my Apple TV2 and MF M1DAC

Sounded fantastic but took up too much room so it's gone but not forgotten

Decided I wanted some powered speakers to cut the wires and space the system takes and went and had a listen to some active Yamaha and Pioneer speakers in Manchester and then on the way back to the car passed Superfi and ended up walking out with the EPOZ Aktimate Maxi's and some Soundstyle ZII stands and atabites etc...

Bought myself a Firestone Spitfire MKII DAC off eBay for an amazing price and that's all connected to my ATV2 and music is via my iMAC upstairs via AirPlay or the speakers own in-built internet radio etc...

The Yamaha and Pioneer speakers I listened to sounded fantastic but with all the added extras I'd need (pre capable DAC, specific cables for the speakers etc...) I'd have been looking at close to £1k whereas the EPOZ's were £350 and the stands £50, already had the necessary speaker cable etc...

The EPOZ's certainly hold their own as well; yes not as good as the Neat Motive 2's but they still sound fantastic and with bags of bass and detailed midrange/top end with no harshness which I did find with the active Yamaha's

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom