• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New System & connection setup

infinitydreams

Established Member
Hi

I am about to purchase either a B&W 685 or 684 theatre system. To go with this I want to also get some separates.

Ideally I'd like to go for CYRUS but I just can't afford the £1800 for the 6XP CD and AMP.

So am going to have to look at the lower end market at either NAD (C545BEE and C326BEE) or CAMBRIDGE AUDIO (AZUR 605A and AZUR 650C).

Now all three systems seem to get good reviews and obviously I have to go and have a listen myself but was interested in what people here thought of the 3 setups, especially focuses on the fact I'll be using either 685's or 684's (more likely 685's) for the speakers.

Also the front speakers will be also connected to my surround sound Onkyo AMP so how do I wire the speakers to both AMPS?

infinitydreams

Established Member
There isn't much on that site!

I think I might buy the CYRUS XP6 CD player and just use with my Onkyo, until I can save for the AMP!

Can someone tell me how I then cable up both amps to the front speakers.

Markie Boy

Prominent Member
There isn't much on that site!

I think I might buy the CYRUS XP6 CD player and just use with my Onkyo, until I can save for the AMP!

Can someone tell me how I then cable up both amps to the front speakers.

FWIW Ive been running a Cambridge 740 System with some ELAC floorstanders (see in my sig) for some time now. Upgraded (to start with) to a Cyrus 6XP. The difference is NIGHT and DAY!
Its just the start of the end for me, money-wise that is (thanks Cyrus!!!).

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom