New system - B&O and competition

OldSkoO1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm looking to buy some new kit.

Friends of mine seem to just buy all B&O and swear buy it. There more i listen to their setup the more i like it. Even the partners agree on the sound.

Although it sounded superb and fulfilled i'm really summing up actually how different it is to good quality AV amps / speakers kits. What kind of systems could i start looking at to compare. I dont just want to limit myself to B&O. I'm looking for some kit that will take care of music and film/surround sound needs when hooked up to cd player / dvd player; i'll probably get a new cd player too.

My knowledge is very limited really so some places to research would help loads! To me the B&O kit just seemed so appealing because it does what i need. It sounds great, looks so neat, tidy and sleek in a modern looking home, which is essentially what i am after.

Hope you can help

TIA! :)

What budget are you looking at here?

You are looking at lifestyle systems like B&O and BOSE more than the hifi kit most av forums owners will own. The nearest to that IMHO is the Cyrus kit

http://www.cyrus.co.uk/

I think you should make contact with a local dealer and basically get them to give you a demo of the best equipment they can provide for the budget you have in mind. Research is a good idea but their is nothing better than getting some real experience of what more traditional hifi can offer against B&O etc.

In my opinion B&O tend to be very good kit but massively over priced. Bose have a very distinctive sound which you either love or hate, I am in camp 2 on this issue.

As cheapskate recommends, contact a decent hifi store, say what you are wanting (hifi/ av etc) and your budget and get them to set up a couple of systems for you to listen to in their demo room. I would certainly expect you to find that another system will certainly sound better than B&O on the same budget but depending on what sort of style of system you want (sub/sat, full size etc) will dictate if you can find a system that will meet both your style and sound requirements.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom