New surround options

Stellavision

Prominent Member
Reaction score
After spending £2500 on new fronts and sub I am re-assessing my surround speakers.
At present I am using 4 Mission M7D's. I have been fancying M&K's K4 Tripoles, but I have now possibly got an opportunity to purchase a pair of B&W DS6 THX certified dipoles for around £200.
I would be using the new tripoles or dipoles on the L&R surrounds and keeping a pair of my M7D bipoles for by back surrounds.

Any thoughts would be appreciated guys.
Cheers.

I'm pretty sure that the DS6 is limited to Pro-logic in bandwidth.
Something like 7-8khz top end only.

Have you checked the B&W site they used to have a past products page?

Thanks. I just checked the B&W site and their top end does only go up to 8kHz. Shame.:(
Just looking at some specs for the K4's and they are a lot bigger than I thought, particularly in depth. I'm not sure if Mrs Stella would aprove.
Why can't anything in life be simple?:confused:

I've seen a pair of K-4's at another forum members place. I'm suprised you thought them to be big, i thought they were very discreet, especially in white.

Lovely speakers too :smashin:

Originally posted by stevegreen
I've seen a pair of K-4's at another forum members place. I'm suprised you thought them to be big, i thought they were very discreet, especially in white.

Lovely speakers too :smashin:
Maybe I interpreted the measurements as inches when they were meant to be cm or something?
I'll have to try and get a look at some somewhere.

I am trying to find a price for the new DS6 S3 and the DS7 but I'm not having any look. What are these things retailing at these days?

From the M&K User Manual:

K-4 Tripole®
IMPEDANCE: 4 ohms
MINIMUM POWER: 25 watts RMS
RECOMMENDED POWER: 50 watts RMS to 150 watts RMS
MAXIMUM POWER: 150 watts RMS unclipped peaks
FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 100 - 20 KHz (± 3dB)
DIMENSIONS: 7 3/8” x 6” x 6 3/8” (HWD)
WEIGHT: 6 lbs.
DRIVERS: 1 1” Tweeter
1 4” Mid/Woofer
2 2.5” Mid/Tweeters

Cheers Steve.
Looks like I was probably thinking centimetres.
Anyway, you've just ruled out the K4's for me by pointing out the impedance. My Pioneer 2011 doesn't reccomend speakers rated under 8 ohms.:suicide:

Has anyone heard the Kef Q2ds?
They look promising and should be a decent match for my Kef KHT 9000's.

Originally posted by Stellavision
I am trying to find a price for the new DS6 S3 and the DS7 but I'm not having any look. What are these things retailing at these days?

I think the DS6 S3 go for about £600 and the DS7 £900
:)

What hi-fi gave the Q7 package a best buy star and said that the Q2ds were very good.

If not I have a pair of Kef 65ds for sale in the classifieds or a pair of Q7s if you really what some punch:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom