New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe (Jan 11th 2019)

It's £43 via CDKeys, almost in line with physical copies.
I'm trying to stay below £25 for purchases now given how long they sit unplayed, which is what I paid on ebay and in hindsight was clearly a scam. But thanks for the headsup anyway :)

Definitely waiting until tomorrow for my delivery. Anyone played yet? Any good?

Never thought of buying through CD Keys, I'm assuming it's all legit and no-one has had any problems with them? I paid £49.99 on the eShop earlier but would have bought it through CD Keys if I'd have known it was £8 cheaper through them.

In case anyone else wants to buy it for £41.99 - New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe Switch CD Key, Key - cdkeys.com

Yeah, I've bought a few off them over the years, all above board. Unlike G2A and all those other sites offering brand new releases for a fiver!

Never thought of buying through CD Keys, I'm assuming it's all legit and no-one has had any problems with them? I paid £49.99 on the eShop earlier but would have bought it through CD Keys if I'd have known it was £8 cheaper through them.

In case anyone else wants to buy it for £41.99 - New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe Switch CD Key, Key - cdkeys.com
Don't forget the 5% Facebook code discount, assuming they still do it.

They've stopped doing the cashback as well, that doesn't surprise me though as they only ever paid out once to me (cdkeys that is)

Last edited:
Well I bought the game and got 244 points for it. Surely it should be double that? They said the double points offer was valid until 13th January...

Been a while since I played a 2d Mario game..... is it right that it doesn't save my progress?

Played a couple of levels quick this morning, went to carry on this evening and I had to play the same 2 levels again, and I didn't have the star item I gained earlier.

Sorry if this is obvious....I know in the old days growing up with nes and megadrive, we didn't have save games (unless a game had a code to skip to a certain level haha), but I don't see the point in having the 3 save game slots if it doesn't actually save your progress?

Ah, ok. So I had to play a little bit more. That's cool. Just wasn't sure how it worked.

Cheers.

When you beat Boom Boom in the mid-way fortress or a Koopa Kid at the end of the world you get the option to save your game.

Why is time limits still a thing in Mario games it really stops exploration. I almost made it.

Check out @TalkingMovies3’s Tweet: Talking@TheMovies on Twitter

Yeah, seems kind of pointless and I can't see what it adds to the playability.

The game looks sweet though.

With linear games though like the Mario Bros series, the exploration is only for small little routes or bonus rooms with some extra coins, rarely are they for big secrets, i.e. hidden levels. The levels are designed to give you enough time to do the main part and a little extra if needed if you want to check some suspicious places out or go to a bonus game. But if there was no timer at all, where is the challenge/fun? It's not the type of game that lends itself to that style of play I don't think. Mario Bros. 2 was a great game but the lack of a timer just made it too slow. Same with Mario World 2 but these games were giving new concepts to the player the previous games in the series didn't so it was probably beneficial in a way. But with a straight up 2D platformer like this that looks and pays like lots of games in the series before it there's no need to leave it open and unrestricted.

I’ve played up to the first castle. Good fun so far. Not quite in the same way Super Mario World was so many years ago but Nintendo’s charm is like nothing else.

I’d love 3D World to be ported. I think 3D Land is my favourite Mario after SMW.

An All Stars port with the delux treatment would be great, too, come to that.

I'm amazed they haven't ported Mario Maker yet. Classic releases for for Sony and Xbox are PS3, and PS2 era, For Tendo they are 30 years ago! lol

So is this a good game? Just purchased this for my other half who is a mario fan. It's a direct Wii U port with no changes?

Ignoring the Lost Levels, which I never really bothered with, I think this is the hardest Mario game I’ve played. I’ve certainly died more often than I expected to.

But more than that, the big coins are far harder to find, especially with the time limit. In the first New Super Mario Bros I seem to remember them being pretty much handed to you. Definitely more of a challenge here.

Ignoring the Lost Levels, which I never really bothered with, I think this is the hardest Mario game I’ve played. I’ve certainly died more often than I expected to.

But more than that, the big coins are far harder to find, especially with the time limit. In the first New Super Mario Bros I seem to remember them being pretty much handed to you. Definitely more of a challenge here.
Crumbs, sounds erm fun! Glad this is the wife's game and not mine. Blooming hate timed gameplay! :cool:

Bloody Star Coins. Lost about 10 lives on one stage trying to get the blasted things. Even got to the point where I’m questioning whether I’m any good at playing games! :rotfl:

Great fun though! Will definitely get my moneys worth out of it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom