New Sub

The Gooner

Established Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about changing my REL Quake for something a bit better, I have looked at the SVS SB12+ But cant find anyone local to hear it, The other one I am looking at is the Velodyne SPL800i and the SPL-800R Subwoofer

What is the difference between the 2 Velos, hpow much willthey be better than the Quake?

The 800i doesn't have the auto set-up or remote ,it doesn't come in the gloss finish either.
I have never heard a quake but from the comments posted on here any of the subs you mentioned would kill it.

Other than auto set up and gloss fininsh, is it the same sub then. Will it be easy to set up using a denon 2805 and B&W M1s

Will it be easy to set up using a denon 2805 and B&W M1s
I would think so,i used to have a velodyne deco ,very similar spec to the 800 but with a smaller amp,that was very easy to set up,are you going to have a listen to one so you can compare the difference?

I would think so,i used to have a velodyne deco ,very similar spec to the 800 but with a smaller amp,that was very easy to set up,are you going to have a listen to one so you can compare the difference?

Hopefully will try to listen one first, Would hsve liked to listen to the SVS as well but know where near me stocks them.

NE Lincs, its a long drive from here, am still trying to locate a Velo dealer.

hmm no dealers round here stock velos

Looks like i might need some moer advice.

Is there any diff in the 2 subs SVS or Velo, its between these 2 but not sure which

I'm sure someone on the forum near you has an SVS....definately worth checking them out. So long as space isn't a consideration, the Velos start to look very expensive pound for pound....especially when you see what you can get an SB12 for....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom