New sub

RobBerry23

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Have been trawling around looking for a decent sub to replace mine, the one I have currently is from the Yamaha 5.1 NSP110 setup, And I'd like to get something with a little more umph if you know what I mean ;)

Anywho, I have had my eyes on the Mordaunt MS308/9i and the KEF 2000/2500/2010 and recently a giant Mission 78AS. Al seem to be going for around similar prices between about 60-150. The Mission seems to be the most powerful, But I don't mind getting a smaller sub for the sake of saving space if its of better quality/last longer.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Rob

Hi rob..I have been using the "kef T-2" which I purchased with the kef T series 105. And very impressed with it's performance until it died on me lol..
There are a lot of good reviews for BK subwoofers on here, obviously depends on your budget and room size..what will be it's main use? Movies or music?
Thanks.
Nathan.

nathan Andrews716362 said:
Hi rob..I have been using the "kef T-2" which I purchased with the kef T series 105. And very impressed with it's performance until it died on me lol..
There are a lot of good reviews for BK subwoofers on here, obviously depends on your budget and room size..what will be it's main use? Movies or music?
Thanks.
Nathan.

Hi, Nath,

Room Size is fairly large, Budget is fairly small, probably no more than 120

Cheers

MS308-9 Poor bass response for its size.
PSW2000 poor bass response.
Other Kef's much better.
Frank.

Which other Kef's frank? Bearing in mind I can't really stretch the budget any further than 120?

I was referring to the other models you mentioned.
PSW2010, PSW2500 all good value for money and cheap to repair if they go wrong.
I have no idea what the Missions are like.
Frank

Anyone know if the Sony SA-WMS7 is any good? Found a cheap one going online, About £50. Seems like a pretty solid unit, Although I would like something with a lot of kick

Also what about the KEF PSW1000.2? or should I be looking more towards the 2010/2500

Never heard the Sony Rob, but I would definitely use the majority of your budget to get the desired kick you are looking for..i would also advise you to try and demo before you buy if this is possible?

Also what about the KEF PSW1000.2? or should I be looking more towards the 2010/2500
I wouldn't consider the PSW1000 at all, the 1000.2 is a bit better but the amplifier is only half the power of the 2010 or 2500.
Frank

Never heard the Sony Rob, but I would definitely use the majority of your budget to get the desired kick you are looking for..i would also advise you to try and demo before you buy if this is possible?

Yeah I'm trying to, Theres a 78as going in my local cash convertors for 150 but it isn't worth it at that price to me, waiting for the lady to reduce it for me, was willing to pay 120 but no higher.

Probably unlikely as im looking second hand. New subs at about £100 price range seem a bit crap tbh

I wouldn't consider the PSW1000 at all, the 1000.2 is a bit better but the amplifier is only half the power of the 2010 or 2500.
Frank

Ok, I'll keep my eye on the 2010/2500.

Is it worth picking up one with the fault they all seem to have? and doing the repair myself, I have repaired several amps/Pc motherboards in the past, seems like a quick job especially if I can pick one up for about 30 quid

Managed to get the Mission 78as for £100.

Now I just need to set it up, So far its making a little bit of a rattle, not sure if thats the unit, it sounds to me like its coming from the cable I have plugged into it, Bearing in mind it is very very thin.

Anyone care to help?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom