New sub versus current dual sub setup advice/opinions sought

andymckenna1978

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Current set up:
LG oled c9 65
Denon x3600h
Audiolab 6000A play (pre-power for L+R for viewing)
2 x QA 3050i fronts
2x QA 3010i rears
2x mission cube+se acting as atmos and
1x mission cube+se subwoofer
and a very old yamaha subwoofer (c 20 years old)

Room set up in attached

Question - I have the option of purchasing either the SVS SB 1000 pro or SVS PB 1000 pro - what are people thoghts - would I hear significant benefits with either of the SVS's over the current dual set-up

Current set-up sounds fine to me - but always chasing improvements as can be the case

I feel this is an obvious answer but want to get throughts before I push the button

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• Back room.png
    Back room.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 43
Hi all

Current set up:
LG oled c9 65
Denon x3600h
Audiolab 6000A play (pre-power for L+R for viewing)
2 x QA 3050i fronts
2x QA 3010i rears
2x mission cube+se acting as atmos and
1x mission cube+se subwoofer
and a very old yamaha subwoofer (c 20 years old)

Room set up in attached

Question - I have the option of purchasing either the SVS SB 1000 pro or SVS PB 1000 pro - what are people thoghts - would I hear significant benefits with either of the SVS's over the current dual set-up

Current set-up sounds fine to me - but always chasing improvements as can be the case

I feel this is an obvious answer but want to get throughts before I push the button

Thanks in advance :)

The answer is big yes! You have tiny sub from 130£ package and some old Yamaha ported boombox most likely so neither of those isn´t really going to give you that feeling you probably crave as you are looking new one.

If you don´t live in apartment with paper thin walls and crazy neighbours plus love to watch action/scifi/horror type flicks with decent volume then i would take PB1000 Pro. However it´s not small box like what you have now. You already have decent size speakers for not so large room so if you craving the most dramatic difference then i would go with PB! The in-room response looks fine in both front corners, no big dips either (looked with REW room sim). XT32 will flatten the few peaks and no reason why it shouldn`t drop your jaw to floor.

If you live in UK you could give call to Tom at Cinehome, ask for AVForums member discount. ;)

@Gasp3621 thanks for the reply - awaiting the delivery of a PB1000 Pro tomorrow.

Was lucky to pick up a open box for £569

Will be interested to see how much an impact this will have, given I was broadly fine with bass, but reviews for each of the 1000 pros seem glowing

On another topic - I'd be interested in attaching the sub to the audiolab for music listeing - any knowledge on whether this is possible to have both AVR and Audilab feeding into the sub???

@Gasp3621 thanks for the reply - awaiting the delivery of a PB1000 Pro tomorrow.

Was lucky to pick up a open box for £569

Will be interested to see how much an impact this will have, given I was broadly fine with bass, but reviews for each of the 1000 pros seem glowing

On another topic - I'd be interested in attaching the sub to the audiolab for music listeing - any knowledge on whether this is possible to have both AVR and Audilab feeding into the sub???
Very nice! Keep us posted how it sounds after learning to tweak it. Push the gain/volume high in the green zone or tad over (77-78db) when you run Audussey via on-screen.

I think there was other thread talking about this with SB1000 Pro (Audiolab amp too) so check few threads here or ask directly from SVS via email! [email protected]

It will be massive difference with blockbuster movies just get the placement right and you should be blown away! You could download REW (free program) and room sim to check ideal spots for the sub in your room if you have square room without odd shapes. You will add room dimensions, where you sit and then can move sub freely in your room. This will help you show potential spots which doesn´t have big dips and also see that you get good extension below 20hz. Your Denon receiver will flatten peaks so no worries on that side.

You could download REW (free program) and room sim to check ideal spots for the sub in your room if you have square room without odd shapes. You will add room dimensions, where you sit and then can move sub freely in your room.
I have found this to be spookily accurate - the guy that created it is a genius.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom