New sub to replace Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS Sub

mrdogcat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

So I'm donating the sub that came with the SoundWare XS 5.1 Home Theater System to my pops so I'm looking for a replacement for myself.

Could you recommend a similar one for me? I'd get the same one but the auto switch off was a real pain in the neck!

I don't want to spend too much but don't want to downgrade either.

Thanks,
Steve

BK Xls 200 or 400 would be ideal in your case. I had the Xs 5.1 before. You will find even the BK 200 sub to be a big improvement and they can be had for quite good price on the classifieds here when they come

Thanks @sanjualf but I was more thinking about a cheaper sub than that. The BA subs are around £150 now on eBay so wouldn't want to spend much more than that (especially since it's an unexpected purchase).

I should also mention that the sub will be working alongside the BA Soundware XS satellites.

Do you have any other ideas?

Last edited:
Well i think the next best thing for the pocket money would be Wharfedale SW150 which was recommended many times earlier in this board. There is couple fine reviews and owners opinions that it isn`t the typical one note boom box, which most people might think when they see the price. Hopefully you could listen it before making your mind.

Wharfedale Diamond SW150 Subwoofer (Black) - Superfi
Wharfedale Diamond SW150 Subwoofer (B-Grade) - Superfi

Wharfedale Diamond SW150 review

Also click on the Superfi links "Review" part, there is some more from users (120) and WhatHifi (2004-2007).

@Gasp3621 I like what I see, thanks for the reply! So just to be sure, this is a better sub than the Boston Acoustics sub I have at the moment... I wouldn't want to downgrade!

ALSO would you say there any issues with:

a) Me using this sub with my BA Soundware XS Special Edition speakers and connecting it to my Marantz NR1604?
b) My dad using the BA sub I'm donating with his (not so great) speakers salvaged from his Panasonic SA-BTT270 all-in-one system (he's hooking everything up to a Marantz NR1501).

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom