1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"New Style" Kameleon

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Parmenion, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Parmenion

Parmenion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    If you have a look at the One4All website, they are showing a new style of Kameleon which looks pretty nifty. The 8206 would fit the bill pretty nicely I think. Apparently it's ready now but One4All are waiting till just before Christmas to release it in order to maximise sales.

Some time next year they intend releasing the 8210 (The same thing but 10 devices?) just so you can buy it again !

Still, very sharp looking remotes......

regards

Parmenion

2. The Robman

The Robman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    get a harmony sooooooooooooooo much better and only a few £££ more.......

4. [scm]

[scm]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys

Just thought i'd respond to this post, as i saw a site taking pre-orders for it today! http://www.dalepakdirect.com

I bought my Kameleon 6 from them a couple of years ago, and think its time to change! I've placed my order already!!

I hope this helps

:clap:

5. ndenbow

ndenbow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I understand Harmony have been aquired by Logitech. Any suggested retailers for these devices?

6. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Dixons have the H655 for £99.95, HiFiBitz for £149.95 !, I can't find any retailer for the H688 but the button layout doesen't look as logical as the H655. :)

The Harmony is light years better than the Kamelion. I had one and got rid of it after much frustration. :thumbsdow

7. [scm]

[scm]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    frustration? I think the Kameleon is brilliant, and the new one will be even better!

Sitting by my letter box now just waiting for it! :laugh:

8. Prometheus

Prometheus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I was standing here with my hands in my pockets and my fingers touched upon a two pence piece.......... so here it is:

I have had my 2nd generation Kameleon 8206 for about a month now. At first I had a few gripes with it, such as I couldn't change the brightness setting and I thought that the unit was faulty. It turns out that brightness settings couldn't be changed when utilising the built in light sensor which adjusts the brightness according to ambient lighting in the room your in (in practice it never seemed to change, not in my circumstances anyway, even with all my main room lights on !!!). Anyway I now really love this remote and it doesn't leave my side, it's easy to set up and I was up and away using it with all my devices in minutes. Since then I have been fine tuning it to work exactly the way I want it to and it has performed brilliantly, it also looks cool especially when in a darkened room (not so bright so as to illuminate the room as with some backlit's) as with previous models it does give off a barely perceptible whine when lit, but I just thought i'd mention it though (I want to get my money's worth afterall ;) . If your thinking of getting one of these babies I would say you couldn't go far wrong IMHO - that being said I haven't tried the alternatives. My pips are going so I leave you where you started, you have to make your own mind up.

my opinions are my own as I have been kept in a sealed enviroment since birth !! :devil:

9. anuvid

anuvid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can the settings/configuration for the Kameleon be saved/stored in case they need to be restored ?

10. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    No, but it wouldn't take long to set it up again.