New style HTPC - Broadbandbox

jsheldon

Standard Member
Just found this, cant't take the claim for finding it but it looks pretty interesting.

Reading the site it says its coming to the UK soon, wonder how much ?

J

jmack

these were at the bristol show last weekend, did not have a look though:( :(

V

vulkan75

I had a look and it was a pretty amazing piece of kit. The frontend software was very impressive..very user friendly,even the wife sat down and had a demo.

For it to function effectivley the guy reckoned at least 1 mb broadband and even boasted about his 10mb speeds going into his flat in sweden:eek: .

One thing that wasn't clear.......i.e what connections it sported e.g dvi etc.

Uk release april. Around £2000

May even sell my hcpc and get one..

cwick

Novice Member
Had a demo at the Bristol show, it was pretty neat. He said 512kbps would be the minimum requirement.

Cost wasn't clear, but it was certainly a subscription service, with pay per view streaming movies (availble for something like 24 hours once they're cached onto the hard disc), and monthly subs for the various channels (roughly £2 a month for the MTV like music channel, for example).

Personally wasn't too keen on the interface - too many constant reminders that it was running Windows, with pop-up dialog boxes and the like. I felt the xlobby configuration been run on the uvem stand was far nicer look and feel wise, although there's obviously not the whole streaming / subscription model in that case.

Interesting though to see people working on delivering premium content over broaband.

Cheers, Carl.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom