New Stuff On TV... soon!

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Some of you seem to enjoy my lists, whilst others don't. Well, for those that do, here's some more stuff for you to keep an eye out for, and for those of you who aren't interested.... PFTPFPTPTPFFPFFFPPTPTF! :rotfl:

Tuesday 21st September
Sky 1 - 10pm "DEADWOOD" (All-new, US drama from the kings of US drama channel HBO. This show does for the western, what "The Sopranos" did for the Mafia, and "Oz" did for prison serials! Definitely one-to-watch, but be warned: the violence is graphic and unrelenting, and the language is supposed to make "Oz" look like "Play School"! :eek: )

"Hex" - a new British/US co-production, with supposedly great critical feedback. A young lesbian girl befriends a female student at her local school, who just happens to have a devil of a boyfriend... literally! Similar to "Buffy", but with darker overtones. Could be an interesring new drama! Due to air on Sky 1 very soon. Details still to be confirmed.

"Battlestar Galactica" - Brand-new version of the cult 1970's sci-fi TV series. Should be interesting, and feedback from the USA, says it's improved stories and characterisation compared to the two-part mini-series (that's out on DVD and been shown on Sky 1 a few times) could help get the show off the ground, and reclaim the title of one of the best new sci-fi shows. Due to air in October 2004, on Sky 1.

"Third Watch" - Yes, I know Channel 4 keep shoving this all over the schedules, but just in case any of you are wondering where it's disappeared to again, here's the info. Season 4, Episodes 14 onwards will reappear on Channel 4, during the October schools half-term week, and then conclude over Christmas 2004/January 2005. C4 have got the rights to Season 5 (which has already finished on RTE in Ireland), but don't expect to see it until Easter 2005, at the earliest, again in the daytime schedules! :mad:

More details and shows to follow soon.

Pooch

Afternoon

any idea when Sky are planning (or IF Sky are planning) to show season two of Dead Like Me?

Cheers

Edz

I watched that battlestar galactica remake yesterday err.. on the internet..
I wasn't expecting much but I ended up quite liking it , characters suck but the effects were interesting ( hand held camera space battles were nice) and swapping out the laser beams for bullets and tracer fire made things feel quite gritty. Quite dark too!
The cylon chick and the baby... very nasty!

Yeah the mini-series did have it's good points assuming you weren't a died in the wool BSG (original) fan who like many other shows fans can not accept anything that isn't gospel:)

Hopefully the actual series will develop the characters a lot more than the mini-series did and not fall too far into an episodic new/planet, new mystery sorta thing with the Cylons making the odd attack.

edz said:
Afternoon

any idea when Sky are planning (or IF Sky are planning) to show season two of Dead Like Me?

Cheers

Edz

I've read that they have bought the second series but not aware of a date yet, doubt it will be this side of christmas considering what they have already scheduled.
Enjoying the second season, taking a slightly different tack to the first season (at least it seems to me) with slightly more emphasis on the reapers and their interactions. Not so many flashy effects when souls cross over either:(

Hi,

Quick update for you all:

"Battlestar Galactica" starts with the 2003 Pilot Movie airing on Sky One on Saturday 16th October between 10pm-1:30am, followed by the first episode of the new series on Monday 18th at 8pm.

"Dead Like Me" (Season 2) will probably start in January 2005, or thereabouts.

"The 4400" (The Forty-Four Hundred) a new sci-fi saga from Francis Ford Coppola is also due to start in the next two or three months, again on Sky 1, and has received a lot of good feedback. It deals with a colony of people, the last 4400, surviving on a ravaged planet.

"Rescue Me", starring Dennis Leary in a serious role of a firefighter, will start airing in 2005 on Sky 1 as well! It deals with the aftermath of the September 11th Twin Towers bombins. Supposedly quite provocative and controversial, but also supposed to be very intelligent and thought-provoking too.

"Hex" - Season 1, Episode 1 - should now air (uncut) on Sunday 17th October at 9pm, with a weekly (edited) repeat during the daytime, for the kiddies! Glad to hear that Sky won't be rendering the 9pm showings suitable for the under-4's, like Channel 4 tend to do so often!

Lots of good new shows, it seems! Oh, and you'll be glad to know that Sky 1 are dropping their incessant "reality TV" and "sun, sea and sex" style shows from their schedules, due to "lack of viewer interest"! Thank b*gg*ry for that! :lesson:

Don't forget: "Deadwood" starts at 10pm tonight, but moves to 11pm as of next Tuesday, due to "adult content"! :eek:

Pooch

I'd just like to add my two penn'orth - Rescue Me is excellent. I've been watching it via the good old torrents and it's been a very refreshing experience.

Top-notch.

PoochJD said:
"The 4400" (The Forty-Four Hundred) a new sci-fi saga from Francis Ford Coppola is also due to start in the next two or three months, again on Sky 1, and has received a lot of good feedback. It deals with a colony of people, the last 4400, surviving on a ravaged planet.

Errr, it doesn't :)
The 4400 refers to the number of people who mysteriously appear just outside of Seattle, they had all been reported as missing or having been abducted by aliens over the last century.

Has huge potential to be the new X-Files I thought, if they can get all the deals done for an actual series.

The 4400 tells the stories of 4,400 alien abductees after they are returned to earth. In the words of the executive producers, these are stories of people dealing with traumatic changes, driven by the mystery of what happened and why. Some of them have been affected in mysterious ways, and some will have certain abilities, both good and bad, so part of the drama will be watching them adjust to these changes within themselves.

The series kicks off with a ball of light sailing toward Earth, but rather than the expected catastrophic event, thousands of returned abductees are left with no memory of their otherworldly experiences. Each has been gone anywhere from a few months to several decades but hasn't aged a day.

Never mind Third Watch, what about NYPD Blue?

PoochJD said:
"Battlestar Galactica" starts with the 2003 Pilot Movie airing on Sky One on Saturday 16th October between 10pm-1:30am, followed by the first episode of the new series on Monday 18th at 8pm.

Hooray! I thought that the 3 hour epic was great. Really looking forward to this. Shame I can't say the same for the wife :laugh: :laugh:

Hi,

More stuff worth looking at:

For those who missed it before, BBC3 is repeating the epic and brilliantly creepy Stephen King TV mini-series "The Storm Of The Century" from Friday night 1st October at 11pm or thereabouts. It runs in three 90 minute episodes, with one episode over the next three Friday nights.

"Wolf Lake" a very short - 9 episode - horror drama gets another repeat on some local ITV regions, starting from next Thursday night/Friday morning, around 12:30am (late 7th/early hours of 8th October). Worth a look, as it has Lou Diamond Phillips, Mia Sara and a few other well-known TV actors in it.

"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" moves to Wednesday nights, on Five, from Wednesday 6th October at 9pm. Can't find out if this is a new or old episode. Probably an old one.

"QI" - Series 2 - starts from Friday 8th October, on BBC2 at 10pm, with Stephen Fry, Alan Davies, Jo Brand and Bill Bailey! If you've not seen this show before, and are interested in off-the-wall quiz shows like "HIGNFY", "They Think It's All Over" or "Never Mind The Buzzcocks", and enjoy the intelligentsia of "Mastermind" or "University Challenge", then you should enjoy this! A very funny series, about everything, and yet nothing.

"Quantum Leap" starts from the very beginning, on the Sci-Fi channel, from Sunday 3rd October at 11am, with the two-part Pilot Episode "Genesis".

"JAG", the unusual Navy drama, from Donald P Bellisario (creator of "Quantum Leap") also starts from the very beginning of Season 1, with the first part of the Pilot Episode, on FX289, Tuesday 5th October at 7pm.

Lastly, BBC3 and BBC1 will be showing the all-new, second series of "Little Britain" from the middle of October! :clap: BBC3 will show it first, then a few days later, BBC1 will transmit it in prime-time (probably around 9:30pm). Some new characters are introduced, as well as the return of old favourites like Andy, Dennis Waterman, Anne, Marjorie Dawes (and her Fat Fighters group) and the rather superb, but incredibly lippy Vicky!

Pooch

Is it just me or does the last couple of seasons of new TV on Sky been a real let-down?

I just don't seem to get excited when I hear about new shows coming on sky and I feel even more sceptical about Sky One Productions like HEX, whichs smells like a cheesy Buffy rip-off without all the great action/special-effects and writing to me!

PoochJD said:
For those who missed it before, BBC3 is repeating the epic and brilliantly creepy Stephen King TV mini-series "The Storm Of The Century" from Friday night 1st October at 11pm or thereabouts. It runs in three 90 minute episodes, with one episode over the next three Friday nights.
Pooch

Yes this is a great series. Funnily enough, I am sure it was repeated very recently (August?), it had been originally transmitted a year or two ago.

Kazuya,

Yes, it was shown a while ago on BBC3, hence the wording in my post of "For those who missed it before..." :lesson:

Pooch

any news on stargate???

:clap:

Yes Pooch, but I was surprised because I saw a bit of this the first time round, then waited a couple of years for it to be repeated, then it's on again only few months later! Just thought it was a bit unusual to be repeated again so soon.

Another great post Pooch.

Keep up the good work.

Particularly about JAG. I saw this originally on Sky One until they dumped it and didn't want to start seeing the new ones until I had caught up with the ones I missed.
Do you know if this is on daily?

Thanks
Greg

Hi,

Kazuya - my apologies to you. No offence was intended by my post... honest. :)

Greg - Yep, JAG will be on at 7pm each weekday night, but keep an eye on the schedules, as this can vary on occasion. It should be a complete and uncut run of all episodes made to date, which should be about 7 or 8 seasons worth! :eek: That's an awful lot of TV for you to catch-up with.

"Stargate SG-1" Season 8 starts next week, and "Stargate: Atlantis" also starts very soon on Sky 1. The spin-off show is supposed to be superb, and has been given great critical acclaim in the US, so that should hopefully help the show get a reasonable start.

Also, just in case anyone hasn't noted, (and for those of you who don't follow Five much), "The Shield" returns on Saturday 2nd October at 11:05pm, from where the show left off.

In Five's defence, they did say at the end of the last episode, that it would be taking a short break from the schedules, and would return in a few weeks time. The news of its return has also been available to anyone, by phoning them on 08457-05-05-05. I'm surprised at how many people are blaming Five for them missing some of the episodes! Five have never messed about with a show like "The Shield", and I have posted several times on this site, to keep all of you informed as to what has been happening.

Could I politely implore that some of you pay a bit closer attention to either this forum, and/or continutity announcements made over the end-credits of a TV show's episode? That way, you won't keep missing you fave shows! My apologies if that sounds harsh, but Five are not to blame on this one, when they have clearly announced that Season 3 was a) starting, and b) taking a temporary hiatus.

Cheers people!

Pooch

PoochJD said:
Kazuya - my apologies to you. No offence was intended by my post... honest. :)
None taken! Keep up the good work...

PoochJD said:
Could I politely implore that some of you pay a bit closer attention to either this forum, and/or continutity announcements made over the end-credits of a TV show's episode? That way, you won't keep missing you fave shows!
OK - we know where to find Pooch's TV updates and announcements! :clap:

David-Sheekey said:
Season 8 comes to sky on October the 5TH :clap:

c
I'm just curious what other people think season eight of stargate is going to be like? I thought the 7th season felt under par as Colonel O'Neill played a lesser part in a series. Now that the Col. has completely (or just about) left the series I have very low expectations for this final series. :rolleyes:

Colonel O'Neill was by far the best character and without him who is going to serve as comic relief? :rolleyes: :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom