1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New stuff on Terrestrial TV!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, May 24, 2004.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Just a quick update:

Five will be showing "The Shield" Season 3 in June. Season overview: Vic Mackay and his crew have to keep a low profile after the money train looting from an Armenian robber, but a drugs raid puts them in the middle of a gun-running ring, and two rival gangs start a street massacre!

Also on Five will be "The Lyon's Den": Rob Lowe's short-lived political/legal drama. It lasted for a measly 12 episodes, although only 7 were shown in the USA, before being cancelled. In the UK, Five will be airing all 12 episodes, and will get a World Premiere for episodes 8 through 12! Nice one, Five! :clap: The ending was tailor-made for UK viewers, as Rob Lowe changed it, after discovering that US viewers wouldn't get to see how the series would finish, but UK viewers would! Could be interesting.

"The District" (which has already aired Seasons 1 and 2 on ITV), comes to Hallmark, Mondays to Fridays at 10am and 8pm. An intriguing US legal drama, about Jack Mannion, who becomes Washington DC's new police chief. The show is based on the real-life DC Chief of Police, Jack Maple, who died during the show's second year. Some editing may have been necessary, although hopefully Hallmark won't be censoring anything. (I don't recall any episodes containing anything to controversial.) A great show, with strong stories, especially later-on in Season 1 and the arc throughout Seasons 2 and 3!

"Joan Of Arcadia" starts on LivingTV, from June 7th. Although mauled in the USA, it stars Amber Tamblyn (Russ Tamblyn's real-life daughter) as a teenager who receives visions of God and tries to save or help the people she witnesses. Also stars Joe Mantegna, Mary Steenburgen, Jason Ritter, and Chris Marquette.

Pooch

2. NoEntry2k

NoEntry2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    How did you find out that The Shield season three starts in June? All they tell me is that it starts "this summer"!?!
    Do you have an exact date and time yet?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

I have an inside source at Five (and several other TV organisations) whom I can get in contact with, for help with scheduling details. Sorry, but I can't reveal them. :cool: For obvious reasons. :)

Alas, my source can't give me anything more specific than what I've posted. I'm guessing that once the Season 2 repeats end (currently airing late-night Fridays), Season 3 will go out straight afterwards, around 11pm on Friday nights.

Pooch

4. NoEntry2k

NoEntry2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Sorry to doubt you source, but that wont happen.

The season two repeats are not due to end untill mid July. So either season three wont start untill then or they will overlap.
    Plus season three will not be in the late night slot (often as late as 2am) that the season two repeats are currently in. Season three will be in a 10/11pm slot on a weeknight. Mark my words.

5. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    No Entry,

I think Five are planning to double-up on a fe of the last Season Two episodes, to get them over-and-done-with, before then starting Season 3, in a Friday night slot, as you rightly state, around 10 or 11pm.

Pooch

6. NoEntry2k

NoEntry2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    PoochJD,

If your information is correct. i bow to your greatness!

I hope we do get season three in June. I dont like the sound of a Friday night slot though, a lot of people go out then so i hope it does not hurt the viewing figures. I myself would set the VCR as if my life depended on it!

Any news on a start date yet?