New Sticky: Apple Warranty and Apple Care

ScrumpyMacs (on eBay) price these attractively as well. They know the procedure very well in order get those "outdated" (numeric-only) boxed AppleCare agreements accepted by Apple.

I have updated the what's covered bit to clarify the coverage for accessories, will update prices at some point (where needed)

I called up Applecare to confirm the procedure outlined in 6. Transfer of Plan of the APP terms and was told that there is no need to send them any details of the transfer as the warranty is tied to the serial.

I called up Applecare to confirm the procedure outlined in 6. Transfer of Plan of the APP terms and was told that there is no need to send them any details of the transfer as the warranty is tied to the serial.

yep that is the case but I guess with some they prefer the re-assurance knowing that everything has been transferred in their name.

Anyway, will update this sticky later on to explain AppleCare+

changes to transfer of plan and prices have been updated and I have also updated the section on HE coverage :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Can someone just confirm that Apple (iphone) warranty [can] transfers so a third party can make a claim without the purchase receipt? Cheers.

Sorry, I'm being slow, can you spell it out!? Can a (Standard) warranty claim be made with just the serial number as so manu sources are suggesting?

Sorry, I'm being slow, can you spell it out!? Can a (Standard) warranty claim be made with just the serial number as so manu sources are suggesting?
It's certainly true that if you take the item into the Genius Bar at an Apple Store that they just look up the serial number on the system to check that it is covered. I have never been asked for proof of purchase but can imagine that this would be necessary if the Phone won't power on & you don't have the original packaging with the serial number.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom