• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New Stereo system needed for the parents for £50 ish... Help

colinb07958

Hi People

Need some help. My parents was a stereo system, they just need radio and cd on it as chances are they will just use it for cds.

My dad said he has a budget of £50. I am happy putting £20 to it if I need to.

I did suggest getting a MP3 player and small speakers and that way I can put all his cd on the MP3 player. He said he would rather just have a stereo.

Can anyone recommend one? decent sound etc. I have had a look online and for some reason the prices of these things have gone through the roof.

Cheers

colinb07958

Hi

I know I am not going to get anything great at that price, however, that is the budget I have to work with. Have already looked at the Argos options.

I appreaciate your response but filtering the Argos site for upto £60 does not really help me.

Cheers
Colin

Anyone else suggest which stereo?

Mr Pig

The best option is to buy a full system of used separates out of your local snips. Anything new at that price is going to be complete rubbish and a waste of money as it won't get used.

Dazzor

Just an idea...

Stick a Wanted Add here.

You never know what might turn up. In any case I concur with Mr Pig, used is surely the best option with such limited funds.

Also, check out ebay, here's a prime example .

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom