Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

New stereo for Renault Clio

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by Clio_Boi, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Clio_Boi

Clio_Boi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys

This is my first post so please be kind! I will be buying a 2002 1.2 16V Clio in the next few months - it's like new and will be my first car so V excited!

It's only got a radio/cassette in it which is not good to me in this day and age! I would like to get an MP3 cd player for it. Can anyone recommend a good one? Alpine, Kenwood etc. Also, would new speakers be required if I am gonna have it realllly loud lol?

I would like one with a colour screen with graphics etc... When it is fitted, I believe I will loose functionality of the LCD screen at the top of the dash but I might be able to keep the steering wheel remote control?

Also I have a 20GB MP3 player which I would love to connect up to my car. Are there any stereos with a 3.5mm socket on the front panel?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Josh :thumbsup:

2. btiffin

btiffin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Clio_boi,

Got the same car as you so i might be able to help.

I use an Alpine unit but be warned these babys get very hot and clio's do not have a lot of space for breathing in the tight spot renault supply. Possibly a Pioneer might be more suited.

In terms of speakers, the factory fitted do take a massive amount of abuse. Be warned if you want to upgrade the size is only 13cm so either be prepared to do a bit of DIY if you wnt to upgrade!

You will lose the functionality of the lcd and remote unless you buy a remote adaptor for the car. Not a big problem for me but if it is you can get these from most retailers.

Hope this helps.

3. gouki49

gouki49

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    haha i got same car as well..
    wat btiffin said is true... u wanna put new sapeakers in then u hav to do it urself... i jus recently bought a pioneer dvd in dash unit which i recommend but its bit steep haha actually really steep.. if u lookin for a good head unit go for the sony mp40.. bout 150GBP.. it mp3... quite good..

bout the connectin of the mp3 player i think the alpine unit does.. the 1 i saw it wit was the apple ipod.. not sure if it works for others.. hope i can help..

4. btiffin

btiffin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use the alpine unit with the AI net for Ipods. Very good, the only problem i find is scrolling thru artists takes forever as it is one click per artist. not like the Ipod where the faster you spin the faster it works through the tracks. HOpe this helps :smashin: