New starsky & Hutch movie

K

kyzer

Hi i saw a advanced screening of Starsky and hutch last night.Got free tickets from the filmfactory.Anyhow i was just wandering if i should post my rating for it or would spoil it for everyone?

Kyzer:smoke:

Post away i say. I saw it to. I thought it was entertaining and had a sweet quality to it. But it isnt the all-out-laughathon i think people think it will be. A lot of the jokes were obvious and some great opportunities were missed. BUt overall a good laugh.

Hi the only good thing about the movie was the CAR.We were lucky if we laughed twice.Snoop Dog was an exclent Huggy Bear

Kyzer

Originally posted by stewarthollyhea
some great opportunities were missed

Just what I thought.

Are you all saying that it's a comedy? No wonder the original S & H weren't over enthusiastic about it!

The original was not a comedy by any means although there were amusing scenes between S & H. If it's a comedy I won't be seeing it!

Oh come on! Have you watched the original "Starsky & Hutch" as an adult? It's begging for the p*** to be taken!

Yes I have seen the original Starsky and Hutch series, but despite it's humour it was not a comedy - the purpose was not for laughs at all. Are you saying the original was a comedy? Is the remake a comedy? I hope not.

Could be pretty violent at time S&H had a lot of humour in it. Was just pure class. Did anybody see i'm starsky he's hutch?

Originally posted by kyzer
Hi the only good thing about the movie was the CAR.We were lucky if we laughed twice.Snoop Dog was an exclent Huggy Bear

Kyzer

Yeah Mr Pimp-daddio AKA Snoop Dogg plays a great Huggy Bear:smashin:

I would say the film is more 'humourful' than an all out comedy.

It would have to be a comedy with Ben Stiller in it.

I missed I'm starsky he's Hutch was it any good?What happend to David Soul?

Kyzer

David Soul fell into alchohol got accusations in the papers of beating his wife and got divorced for the third time. He now lives in london in a 2 bedroom fla and does occaisional TV work. TRhe doc said that they dont get any money from starsky and hutch repeats etc

HI,

Anyone watch the original "Starsky And Hutch" Pilot Movie last night on Five?

Thought it was quite good, for something that's almost 30 years old now, and gritty for its time. A few laughs too, which was good, and Huggy Bear is still as cool, but awfully stereotypical, as ever. (How many other black actors had to play dodgy, seedy pimps in 70's TV shows and movies?)

It was certainly fun enough, for me to want to track down the Fist Season DVD box set and watch it.

Pooch

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom