New Jedi Order - Daisy Ridley Stars - Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy Directs, Writer Stephen Knight (Rumoured for 22nd May 2026)

Drax1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
A new rumour doing the rounds this week sees has Damon Lindelof potentially attached to a new Star Wars movie. Obviously, this is one of many would-be new films for the franchise that may or may not happen, as it's not been confirmed or denied. If it's true, I can't say I'm overly impressed if true, given the pedigree - his screenplay contributions to Star Trek Into Darkness and Prometheus. And let's not forget Lost and it's ever so slightly controversial finale...

Last edited:
Nothing good can come of this. Although, to be fair, I enjoyed Lost and its ending... controversial :D
Me too actually. It kinda worked for me (and the wife), but I get why so many hate it. Not sure he's a good fit for the SW universe...

Lindelof not flavour of the month anymore, surprised to see his name attached to anything SW related.

For quite some time I shuddered at his name attached to anything, but actually it's possible that he's had a marginally bad rep when others may have been more to blame.

I get the Lost beef, for sure, but after Covenant I wonder whether Scott is more the problem than Lindelof re: Prometheus.

And similarly for Star Trek the common factor appears to now be Kurtzman.

This is supported by Lindelof's latest two shows, which I've found to be pretty special - The Leftovers and Watchmen.

I get that he's probably still out of favour, but considering how impressively Watchmen worked as a sequel AND reboot, I'd like to think he could bring something interesting to the SW universe.

Last edited:
Watchmen was fantastic and I heard very good things about The Leftovers. Seems that he works best when given (almost) total creative freedom. So if he does something it'll have to be with his own characters, I think.

To be an honest I must be an angry middle aged man then :laugh:

Keep him away from everything sacred.

Nothing good can come of this. Although, to be fair, I enjoyed Lost and its ending... controversial :D
I liked the Lost Finale as well.

Lindelof will leave this Star Wars project due to 'creative differences' - mark my words!

For quite some time I shuddered at his name attached to anything, but actually it's possible that he's had a marginally bad rep when others may have been more to blame.

I get the Lost beef, for sure, but after Covenant I wonder whether Scott is more the problem than Lindelof re: Prometheus.

This is supported by Lindelof's latest two shows, which I've found to be pretty special - The Leftovers and Watchmen.

I get that he's probably still out of favour, but considering how impressively Watchmen worked as a sequel AND reboot, I'd like to think he could bring something interesting to the SW universe.
Good points - I always assumed that Lindelof was the issue, particularly the whole answering questions with more questions in Lost thing but as you say, Watchmen in particular has shown what he can do.

Why haven't Disney asked the guy who directed Rogue One (Gareth Edwards) to do another film?

Because - allegedly (although backed up by his Andor involvement) - Rogue One had to be rescued by Tony Gillroy.
Ok, then give it to Tony Gillroy

I’m fine with characters from the sequel trilogy returning, the characters themselves were never the problem…

Not a surprise as Kathleen Kennedy said (I think at Celebration or D23) that all the movies would be in the sequel era (to help differentiate them from the TV work).

I’m fine with characters from the sequel trilogy returning, the characters themselves were never the problem…
Yeah, they were. The actors were great, they characters were terribly written. So much so I doubt any of the main cast would relish returning to them.

Still, I'm potentially thrilled at the prospect of a return to big-screen Star Wars.

They also made the huge mistake of killing off
Richard E Grant
, who would have been a great ongoing baddie. Still, there's always Ade Edmonson - he was promising.

The other characters had potential from where they were left at the end of TLJ - but unfortunately, all that was more or less thrown away in the next episode.

Hopefully, they'll do a bit of world-building in the next few films.

Last edited by a moderator:
They also made the huge mistake of killing off
Richard E Grant,
who would have been a great ongoing baddie.
If they want a good Imperial baddie for next time, they really need to look to Anton Lesser's Major Partagaz for inspiration. He's fantastically intimidating. Agree Grant was good though, by far the best of the First Order bunch and one of the few positive things to say about Rise of Skywalker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, they were. The actors were great, they characters were terribly written. So much so I doubt any of the main cast would relish returning to them.

Still, I'm potentially thrilled at the prospect of a return to big-screen Star Wars.
Some actors would almost certainly be put off returning given the appalling abuse on social media.

Must admit I find it difficult to get excited about any future star wars films.

Yup I believe Ridley was the problem in regards to the Alien franchise bringing Lindelof on board when he was not pleased with Spaights script/story. Shame as Prometheus would of been a much better concept for the franchise if they would of kept Spaights story .

Was not keen on the Watchman series even though I loved the Snyder adaptation though.

See how it fairs as film wise the SW franchise can not sink any lower movie wise, can it ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom