new SR805 and X-box issue

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by cajam124, Sep 22, 2007.

1. cajam124

cajam124

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    I just purchased a new SR805 yesterday. Have my HD-cable box connected to 805's HDMI IN and 805's HDMI OUT to the HDTV's HDMI IN. My as yet unsolvable problem is with X-Box 360. I have it connected to 805 via component to IN3 (and per the manual: the signals should be output via HDMI OUT to the TV). However, I just get no video or audio--just a Blue Screen
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cajam124:)

2. ianjm

ianjm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi,

This is a repost from the other thread, but I'll give my thoughts again here!

Just to add - the reason I had 1080p set is that my old receiver didn't do video switching, so the X-Box was connected direct to the TV's component inputs. I myself had this problem after buying my new SR-605. Although the 805 is better, your problem sounds exactly the same to mine, so I suspect the solution may be the same too, after all, these beasts share a considerable amount of hardware ;)

3. RottenFox

RottenFox
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,289
    Hi,and welcome to the forums..
    one thing to mention to you.
    please refrain from posting multiple topics regarding the same question.
    you made a topic on this,also asked this question in another topic,and then made yet another topic on this subject,the latter i have deleted.
    after posting,please wait a reasonable time for someone to come back,and possibly answer your query.
    RF.