• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New Speakers

akane_1984

Ok I'am not a heavy gamer C&C probably only game I play on PC my general use for speakers are listenin to music on PC I currently have a set of Trust speakers with subwoofer but they are dying at present and in need of replacing.

Need speakers with mic and headset sockets on front, could people start recommending some good sets??

pxmm

the Logitech ZD5500s have a mic and headphone socket on the control pod. They also sound great and have surround sound plus a Dolby Digital/DTS decoder. £200 or so I believe

Tri11

Logitech do a large range of deskto speakers ranging from about £30-200. Any of those sets would probably do for your needs. However be aware that the more expensive sets have loud, boomy subwoofers, which can frequently upset neighbours! The lower range speakers can sound surprisingly good for what you pay for them, look for a set of X-230's or similar if you're after a more wallet friendly set!

Tri11

Then i say logitech's midrange 2.1 systems are probably what you're after. By no means audiophile equipment, but the best 'PC speakers' i know of. Could you specify a budget? These days, with the logitech z5500 at £200, 'midrange' speakers could range from anywhere between £20-100...Acoustic Energy make a very nice 2.1 speaker system which can be picked up for £90. If this is above your price range, the logitech x-230's or the newer model x-240 will suit your needs. Try ebay, you can find some good deals on new sets.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/productlist/US/EN,crid=2171&categoryid=421

Phil:cool:

akane_1984

the X-240 Speakers are nice but need mic and headset socket on the front of the speakers. . currently have to reach round back of the machine to plug anything in.

kahunaav

if you can afford boston accoustics they do some nice 2.1 kit, I use them on my pc for games and music, great on both. :smashin:

akane_1984

I can highly recommend the Gigaworks T20. Got mine from PCworld ordered online with instore collection, was cheaper than any other online retailer.

yeah they look nice and they do have headset and mic port on front.

RRB

yeah they look nice and they do have headset and mic port on front.

Yea ports at front and input on back too. Quite handy as i have my laptop in one port and xbox in another. Just noticed they are £46.99 at overclockers just now. £53 web exclusive at pc world with collect instore.

I am very impressed with them.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom