Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

new speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by monkeyboy69, May 11, 2004.

1. monkeyboy69

monkeyboy69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I know the first thing someone is going to say is go and listen and find out but bear with me.

I like the b&W 705's and their htm7 centre channel, I've already demo'd these and was very impressed. For music I havent heard anything I like as much in thatprice range. The only issue I have is size as the centre is huge and the wife isn't happy. So I'm looking for slim alternatives but dont' really want to sacrifice the sound quality.

I've heard gallo diva and micro and wasn't impressed

but was wondering whether the gallo due or the kef 9000 would be better alternatives and would produce high quality sound on both HC and music. So basically I wondernig how good are these and out of the 2 which should I make a point of demoing , or does anyone know of a place in herfordshire this has both so I could demo side by side

looking to have eventually fit a 7.1 system with all speakers being one of the above and all being driven by avr300

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    I have heard all three variants of the Gallo speakers and if you weren't impressed with the Micro or A'Diva then I don't see how you would be impressed with the Due and that is without considering the difference in voicing between the Gallo speakers and B&W.

I haven't heard the KEF's so can't help you with that

3. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I have had my new Kef setup for just over a month now and very very happy with it.

I have used three of the 9000's for the fronts and due to space, and money, have two 5005's for the rears. I also have a Rel Strata 5 on bass duties.

Firstly the Kef's look stunning - I have all of mine wall mounted - and they are very well made, very solid and very heavy.

They sound like much larger floorstanders and my music/dvds have never sounded so good.

I am no expert on speakers but they would be worth an audition if you can for sure and are bound to have huge WAF appeal.

Cheers, Lee