1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New speakers wanted help needed

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by m3tuck, Aug 5, 2005.

1. m3tuck

m3tuck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Evening all,

I am currently looking for some new (well 2nd hand) speakers. I have only heard good things about b&w speakers are these really that good? Im going to have around £400 to spend on some floorstanders, what do you think are the best speakers to go for around that price?

Cheers
    Tuck

2. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    my mates got some b&w 603s and they are pretty great sounding speakers. also might be worth having a look at some dynaudio audience ones, i've had some 42s to test at home and they were very impressive (not floorstanders but very, very good all the same). the dynaudios take quite a lot of driving though so you need a pretty good amp to get them going.

3. Bassmaster

Bassmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Taking into account you saying second hand, http://www.moorgate.demon.co.uk/ and scroll down till you see Castle they're half price floor standers at 400 quid, just over 800 quid retail. On the issue of recomending speakers, I always will recomend Spendor (hard to get used, blaitently becuase once bought you won't have a 'genuine' excuse to give em up, other than needing money) on the other hand, you will find them ex-demo. If you don't have the money to get Spendor, try Q range Kef's, Wharfedale Diamond.