New speakers needed

Good to hear that you are happy! There is quite a difference from "toy" speakers to good ones. :) Money well spent. Just wait until you get a quality subwoofer, then the fun really starts.

The level for surround speakers is bit strange. Are you using the larger ones from your Onkyo setup? Last time i checked the HT-R518 package had larger front satellites and smaller for surrounds, i would recommend to use the larger more capable ones as your "rear surrounds"!

PEQ is ok, although you can try OFF too as the difference is likely very small. The basic YPAO correction can be hit or miss.

Can you check speaker size (change to SMALL if Large!) and speaker crossovers?
Hi Gasp, yes I change in order to use large speaker from Onkyo as surround. I change the setup from YPAO ro small speaker and crossover I found 60Hz from YPAO and I changed to 90 following your suggestions.

Hi Gasp, yes I change in order to use large speaker from Onkyo as surround. I change the setup from YPAO ro small speaker and crossover I found 60Hz from YPAO and I changed to 90 following your suggestions.

Great! The next step is to save up for better subwoofer and surround speakers, in that order. As i mentioned don´t buy any cheap woofer if possible. You certainly won´t regret spending little more if you typically watch action/scifi type of movies, cause you will get more impact, better overall bass quality and longevity/support/warranty for example with SVS. But for now just enjoy new speakers! :smashin:

Great! The next step is to save up for better subwoofer and surround speakers, in that order. As i mentioned don´t buy any cheap woofer if possible. You certainly won´t regret spending little more if you typically watch action/scifi type of movies, cause you will get more impact, better overall bass quality and longevity/support/warranty for example with SVS. But for now just enjoy new speakers! :smashin:
Thanks for all your suggestions. Enjoy

Hi guys, after 10 months I confirm good sound from my diffuser. Just one suggestion, the sound from the central diffuser is little bit covered by the lateral speaker and it seems that the dialogues are not so clear. Do you have any suggestions for improving that?

Hi guys, after 10 months I confirm good sound from my diffuser. Just one suggestion, the sound from the central diffuser is little bit covered by the lateral speaker and it seems that the dialogues are not so clear. Do you have any suggestions for improving that?

It´s hard to guess what the issue is. Probably placement related. So you bumped the crossovers 90hz for the speakers? Can you post picture of your front stage from couch/seat?

It´s hard to guess what the issue is. Probably placement related. So you bumped the crossovers 90hz for the speakers? Can you post picture of your front stage from couch/seat?
I know that it's hard. I set up 90hz for the speakers. Here a picture of the front stage.
In general, is there any parameter that improve the central speaker?
20201121_230512.jpg

You should bring all three speakers to the front edge of your av-cabinet and spread them apart more (they are now too close each other and too far back), use the whole width of the av-cabinet! I would also put these under 3020i to decouple them from the cabinet. One issue could be that the speakers are too low, the tweeters should be ideally about ear height. This is why speaker stands are always recommended. Also you should consider buying wide thick rug in front of the av-cabinet on the floor!

Amazon product ASIN B07D3KNW9N
OR

Amazon product ASIN B00OEXPENC
For center channel buy pair of rubber (no plastic) wedges/door stoppers to each end at the front to raise the speaker shooting more upwards where your ears are! You also get the "decoupling" with the wedges. Pocket money. The higher angle it has the better.
Amazon product ASIN B00OMV5U0I

So it would look like this then using the whole width of unit and all 3 speakers pushed forward:

_dsc4307-jpg.1150634

Bad_vs_Good_grande.png

High_and_Low_grande.png

I'm back guys. I'm changing my living room layout and I'm here again for new suggestions.
Then, here below the actual and future layout.
1.jpg
2.jpg

If you see the previous posts, I have Qacoustics 3020 for front speakers, 3090Ci for central speakers and I want to change my surround speaker and subwoofer.
For surround I think to buy Minx 12, for subwoofer I don't know considering that I don't need high power because I'm living in a condominium building.
What you think about my configuration with Minx 12 and do you have any suggestions for the subwoofer?
Fo the front and central speakers, considering that they will be put inside a bookshelf, have I to apply the sponges on the back of the speakers?

I'm back guys. I'm changing my living room layout and I'm here again for new suggestions.
Then, here below the actual and future layout.
View attachment 1527684View attachment 1527685

If you see the previous posts, I have Qacoustics 3020 for front speakers, 3090Ci for central speakers and I want to change my surround speaker and subwoofer.
For surround I think to buy Minx 12, for subwoofer I don't know considering that I don't need high power because I'm living in a condominium building.
What you think about my configuration with Minx 12 and do you have any suggestions for the subwoofer?
Fo the front and central speakers, considering that they will be put inside a bookshelf, have I to apply the sponges on the back of the speakers?

Hey. Sad to see you are going toward worse order of room, but i assume wife is calling the shots there so you need to obey. Mount the Minxes about two feet higher from seated ear height. Buy the wall brackets they let you angle the speakers every direction. Depending how close the speakers go to front wall. If they are pushed almost against it then use the bungs for the front three.

You didn´t mention budget for the sub. You don´t have smallest room. My money would be on BK P12-300SB as minium if you can stretch to 400£.

Hey. Sad to see you are going toward worse order of room, but i assume wife is calling the shots there so you need to obey. Mount the Minxes about two feet higher from seated ear height. Buy the wall brackets they let you angle the speakers every direction. Depending how close the speakers go to front wall. If they are pushed almost against it then use the bungs for the front three.

You didn´t mention budget for the sub. You don´t have smallest room. My money would be on BK P12-300SB as minium if you can stretch to 400£.

Nice to hear you again.
Thank you doe the sub suggestion but I want to spend less money, I don't need so much power...

Nice to hear you again.
Thank you doe the sub suggestion but I want to spend less money, I don't need so much power...

It`s not really about power.. Even at moderate levels it would have sounded better. But if you can´t spend that kind of money then how about the smaller/cheaper Gemini II? You can`t really find anything better for this type of money.

It`s not really about power.. Even at moderate levels it would have sounded better. But if you can´t spend that kind of money then how about the smaller/cheaper Gemini II? You can`t really find anything better for this type of money.

Thanks Gasp, I appreciate your help but I can not find it in Italy and BK ask a lot of money for shiipibg and taxes out of UK. Any other suggestions?

Thanks Gasp, I appreciate your help but I can not find it in Italy and BK ask a lot of money for shiipibg and taxes out of UK. Any other suggestions?

How much is your budget in €, like really stretching it to max?

Max 300€

That is very low budget. I would wait till 21.6 when there is the Amazon Prime day, usually good deals that day.

Polk HTS woofers should be decent. I would want the 12 model, but it`s over your budget so the 10" model is closer. Perhaps it goes on sale next week, keep on eye.
Amazon product ASIN B077SKF8HN
Amazon product ASIN B077SKFBBS
Personally i would save up for this or look if outlet models come available cheaper. It`s really small (33x33x33cm) with high build quality, performance, long warranty. In different class to those cheap woofers. This model should be discontinued so if they have available the price could be lot lower!

That is very low budget. I would wait till 21.6 when there is the Amazon Prime day, usually good deals that day.

Polk HTS woofers should be decent. I would want the 12 model, but it`s over your budget so the 10" model is closer. Perhaps it goes on sale next week, keep on eye.
Amazon product ASIN B077SKF8HN
Amazon product ASIN B077SKFBBS
Personally i would save up for this or look if outlet models come available cheaper. It`s really small (33x33x33cm) with high build quality, performance, long warranty. In different class to those cheap woofers. This model should be discontinued so if they have available the price could be lot lower!
Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom