New speakers (need to be discreet)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by owain_thomas, Apr 26, 2005.

1. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I'm looking to move house in a bit and like the idea of my HC setup being a bit less obvious than it is at present. I have posted a Q in the DIY forum about in-wall speakers but was wondering if any one had some suggestions for good quality smaller speakers that could be mounted on the wall rather than in it. I will be listening to a lot of music through these so their stereo performance would need to be good too. If I went this route it would have be with speakers that can attach directly to the wall, no stands or big brackets.

cheers
    owain

2. Harry T2

Harry T2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
  3. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    thanks harry, they look exactly the sort of thing I was looking for, do you have some yourself? how do they sound?

4. Harry T2

Harry T2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Yes, I do (but not in my main system).

Not my preferred choice of stereo speakers but they do an excellent job in reproducing music with sufficient detail to make them an enjoyable listen. IMHO, I have found their musical ability to be much more enjoyable than the sub/sat packages that are currently available.

One note of warning, on some (and only some) walls that I have had them mounted on, I have noticed the bass does become a little "wooly" and I needed to separate the speaker from the wall with some acoustic dampening material.

A very good compromise between WAF and ability.