1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new speakers mission V63

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by snow, Jul 19, 2005.

1. snow

snow
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hi all, am wondering if anyone has any comments on the mission v63 speakers and v6c as front soundstage for my home theatre set up which will replace my 10 yr old set up of B&W 620 i main and 2000 ifs centre. Would like to hear any comments or reccomendations .I have 77ds rears and would prefer all mission set up. Cheers snow

2. Bob J

Bob J
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I have V63 fronts with V6C. Only recently purchased to replace 77C1 and Mission 780s at the front. One thing that I will say is that the sound does not always seem to be quite as focused as before but for loud and proud these are really good. I have had the cones literally bouncing out of the box and i have had no distortion and the bass is great. However, the V63s take quite a while to run in and they are pretty fussy about their placement especially to avoid booming. The looks are good but the V6C and V63s are pretty big so make sure you have the room size for them.

I am very pleased with the change especially as I wanted the V63s for better music and soundtrack play which they handle with ease.

Regards

Bob J

3. snow

snow
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hi bob, thanks for your reply, have bought the V63 and matching centre since my last post i have had them about 2 months and enjoy them emensley, you are right they do get off their arse and i think they give me a better soundstage than my old speakers, i have them positioned about 200mm from wall slightly toed in but i would like to try further from wall when partner is not here one day just to see how they sound in different positions. My room is approx 6m wide by 10 long.