1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Speakers for Ford Fiesta?

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by Oli, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Oli

Oli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hey

I'm looking at getting a new pair of front and rear speakers on my Fiesta. It's a P-reg (mk III i think.. lol)

If I put some 6*9s in the back and some new front speakers, will i need to make any major changes... any additional insulation to prevent possible resonance etc.?

I'm not sure how much to spend either, car speakers seem cheap enough so i guess I'm looking at pretty high-end?

Btw, got a sony head unit, not sure which model, its about a year old 4*50w.

Sorry, I'm not very up on car audio!

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I recommend replacing your rear parcel shelf with a Stealth Shelf. The Fiesta shelf is a bit flimsy and when you sell the car, can return it to it's original condition. Stealth shelf (from any ICE dealer) is around £80. Makes a big improvement in sound when 6x9's are used in it. Think about adding a 4 channel amp for maximum sound quality and to take the strain off your head-unit (even with 50w x 4 it will sound loads better with an external amp doing the work)

3. Dave20

Dave20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ^^^^^^^

4. Oli

Oli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: