New speaker upgrade

anthonydaley

Novice Member
Hi this is my first post on this site and I’m looking for advice on speakers. At the moment I have Dali’s Spector 2s along with a new 2021 Rega P3 TT fitted with yellow cartridge a Rega Speed / power supply box and the new Rega IO amp, my old system was Yamaha cr 407 unit with second hand Rega Plan 1 which had been mucked about with hence new Rega TT and Amplifier. I’m thinking about changing the speakers for something a bit more up market or something that would work well or fit with this.
The short list so far ?
Rega Kytes
B&W 606 S2
Maybe a new pair or higher Dali’s or some floor standing is the answer.
Anyone got any ideas or advise apart from go try listening to some or something I’d not thought about . Would appreciate all the help i can get look forward to your reply

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
If you like the sound of your speakers, then staying with the same company whilst moving up the ladder should give you a little more, but you should always keep your options open and having a listen to the other speakers to see if you are with the right manufacturer

As for which one, only your ears will tell you (meaning yes, the only way to experience them are to audition) which ones are right for you

anthonydaley

Novice Member
If you like the sound of your speakers, then staying with the same company whilst moving up the ladder should give you a little more, but you should always keep your options open and having a listen to the other speakers to see if you are with the right manufacturer

As for which one, only your ears will tell you (meaning yes, the only way to experience them are to audition) which ones are right for you
Thanks will keep that in mind

Yorkshire AV

AVForums Sponsor
It's always worth a trip to your local dealer(s) - have a listen to different brands again, see what's available in your budget.

Whilst there is brand loyalty, you may sometimes find a sideways move to a new manufacturer and something in their higher range is superb (or terrible!).

DALI Opticon 2 MK2 for example is stunning (as are the smaller Opticon 1 MK2)
Monitor Audio Silver 7G (due imminently)
The new ELAC UBR62

There's some hot new products out there at the moment which should be on your list :)

anthonydaley

Novice Member
It's always worth a trip to your local dealer(s) - have a listen to different brands again, see what's available in your budget.

Whilst there is brand loyalty, you may sometimes find a sideways move to a new manufacturer and something in their higher range is superb (or terrible!).

DALI Opticon 2 MK2 for example is stunning (as are the smaller Opticon 1 MK2)
Monitor Audio Silver 7G (due imminently)
The new ELAC UBR62

There's some hot new products out there at the moment which should be on your list :)
Have made an appointment to go listen to some B&W 606 S2 this weekend , So fingers crossed I’ll like them , but not going to buy them yet as need to listen to some other speakers at around the £500 - £800 price mark before buying anything? Thanks for the advice

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Have made an appointment to go listen to some B&W 606 S2 this weekend , So fingers crossed I’ll like them , but not going to buy them yet as need to listen to some other speakers at around the £500 - £800 price mark before buying anything? Thanks for the advice

If the shop has other speakers standing there then ask that you can compare them side by side as they use banana plugs on wires so it will be super fast to swap them around. 606 S2 is known from "showroom" sound, quite bright. Might make impression at demo, but may or may not become tiring. They don´t seem to follow certain principles other big manufacturers do just by looking objective measurements. Throw Monitor Audio Silver 100 in to mix if you can, they are now on sale as new 7G range will be out in few weeks.

As mentioned listen Dali Opticon 2 mk2 too, some discount should be possible! There is few mk1 Opticon available for lower price:

Amazon product

Few ex-displays and brand new Silver 100s going 399£-487£/pair! 650£ normal price! Wood veneer finish also where as Dali and B&W has cheaper vinyl wrapping. Satin white and gloss black available too.

anthonydaley

Novice Member
If the shop has other speakers standing there then ask that you can compare them side by side as they use banana plugs on wires so it will be super fast to swap them around. 606 S2 is known from "showroom" sound, quite bright. Might make impression at demo, but may or may not become tiring. They don´t seem to follow certain principles other big manufacturers do just by looking objective measurements. Throw Monitor Audio Silver 100 in to mix if you can, they are now on sale as new 7G range will be out in few weeks.

As mentioned listen Dali Opticon 2 mk2 too, some discount should be possible! There is few mk1 Opticon available for lower price:

Amazon product

Few ex-displays and brand new Silver 100s going 399£-487£/pair! 650£ normal price! Wood veneer finish also where as Dali and B&W has cheaper vinyl wrapping. Satin white and gloss black available too.

That sounds like good advice, will definitely ask . The audio silver 100 sounds interesting from what I’ve been reading , will let you know my view

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom