Quantcast

New Speaker Set??? Maybe???

W

WBC

Guys,

I've got a little one on the way and after watching experiences with friends kids, I think it might be easier to replace my speakers with a Sub/Sat system???

As you can see from below, I'm running Mission's with a Yammy Sub. I'm more than happy with the sound and I've only had the M74i's for about 6 months but if I have to let go...I have to let go!!!

Can anyone recommend a Sub/Sat system???
I don't want to spend too much, obviously, but if I'm gonna upgrade I do want to better the sound. It's paired with a Pioneer 811 Amp.

What could I expect for my 6 spkrs, second hand ????? (Unblemished, still have the unblemished boxes!!!)

Thanks in Advance
Stace :D

Alan_W

Ignore the little one on the way and concentrate on the speakers you want. :lesson:

I've got Mission 774 floorstanders, a one year old and 3 other kids (in order of importance) and find that with a little judicious shouting they learn to leave Daddy's toys alone :D

Enjoy your kit and kids, and don't compromise either :smashin:

Falp

Novice Member
Replace M74i for Sub/Sat system?

Are you crazy??? :eek:

Ian J

Banned
Originally posted by Stace
I've got a little one on the way and after watching experiences with friends kids, I think it might be easier to replace my speakers with a Sub/Sat system???
You are OK for a while until Junior starts to crawl. I replaced my floorstanders with a Def Tech sub sat system but went back to "real" speakers when my young 'un was two and I just kept my fingers crossed.

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
I'm beginning to see a new marketing angle for our metal drivers here- the cast grill dome over the tweeter has resisted the efforts of a graphic guy's three year old twins for quite a while now.

W

WBC

Sounds like I should keep what I've got!!!

What about wall mounted bookshelves with a big bad sub???

Ian J

Banned
As long as the sub is downward firing as a 12" cone on a forward firing sub is at a very convenient height for a youngster carrying a sharp pencil

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
3mm thick ally drivers on mine- Junior will have to have had his weetabix.

All this can be avoided by creating a "nursery" modeled on Colditz.

W

WBC

Guys,

I'm still thinking hard about this. If I removed the floorstanders (which are set to small anyway) and replaced with bracket mounted bookshelves, similar to the size of my rears. Would I notice a big difference in quality???

What bookshelf speakers would you go for????? Should I replace the lot??? Shall I suck it and see with my M74i's???

Falp

Novice Member
Stace said:
Guys,

I'm still thinking hard about this. If I removed the floorstanders (which are set to small anyway) and replaced with bracket mounted bookshelves, similar to the size of my rears. Would I notice a big difference in quality???

What bookshelf speakers would you go for????? Should I replace the lot??? Shall I suck it and see with my M74i's???

Keep the M74i's!!!