New speaker cables - QED silver or bronze?

aspick

Established Member
Reaction score
I've moved my installation from one room to another and am now finding that I need new speaker cables (or at least different lengths to what I had)

I had QED micro which I think I paid around £1.50/m for around 5 years ago.

I have an Onkyo TXDS595 amp with 5.1 setup using original Kef Egg system (KHT2005)

I am tempted to go for a new amp/receiver and want to try a 6.1 setup so am currently looking around for good deals on an extra single Kef Egg.

I am also tempted to buy new cable and am wondering if I'll see a huge difference using something like QED Silver Anniversary (cheapest I can find this BTW is £4/m).
I have also recently seen QED Bronze though for possibly half this price and am wondering if I should just go for this over the Silver?

Does anyone have any views or reviews they can point me to for comparisons between the Silver and the Bronze ?

Will I see a huge difference between these cables and my QED micro?

Currently I also do not use banana plugs so am looking at getting perhaps the Silver with Airloc plugs but I'm wondering if all this is just too over the top and a waste of money for my setup?

Any views greatly appreciated!

Andy

save your money and try twin and earth mains cable or make some with cat5 network stuff.

do a search of this forum for more info on these two solutions.

Have to say I used T&E, thought it was OK and then when I changed to cat5 it was like taking the earmuffs off!

Another recommendation for cat5 - it really is good sounding cable. Plus if you ever need to cable anything else, you'll have half a roll of spare cat5 free!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom