Question New sound bar, low volume outputted?

AngryDog

Novice Member
Reaction score
I've just bought a new sound bar as my previous one was quite quiet.

I've booked this one up and it is the same. I find this surprising. The old sound bar is 40w RMS, the new one is 100w RMS (with a 200w RMS sub).

It is connected via the optical cable from the TV. It sounds the same when connected to my sky box.

When I connect to it via Bluetooth from my phone it is loud.

I have tried it with the sky hdmi cable connected to the hdmi arc port and normal port.

TV is a Sony BRAVIA KD55XE7002
Sound bar is an LG SJ3 300W 2.1Ch Bluetooth Sound Bar with Wireless Sub
Sky box is a 1tb sky+ box.

Any ideas? Thanks.

I've booked this one up and it is the same. I find this surprising. The old sound bar is 40w RMS, the new one is 100w RMS (with a 200w RMS sub).

It is connected via the optical cable from the TV. It sounds the same when connected to my sky box.

I have tried it with the sky hdmi cable connected to the hdmi arc port and normal port.

Any ideas? Thanks.
I have low volume when using arc but I'm using a denon receiver. Had this on two different receivers and two different TVs.

Its perfectly fine when using different sources
Ie blu Ray's/ xbox

Any ideas? Thanks.

Install the LG soundbar app (I forget the name) it reveals some hidden settings on the bar, make sure dynamic range compression is disabled, night mode is off, auto volume is off.

Apply the standard audio preset via the bars own remote then press the ASC (adaptive sound control) button on LG remote, on your TV/devices leave the audio format as PCM 2.0 , dont pass Dolby/DTS 5.1.

That may give you a louder audio output, you may still have to change volume depending upon the source.

Install the LG soundbar app (I forget the name) it reveals some hidden settings on the bar, make sure dynamic range compression is disabled, night mode is off, auto volume is off.

Apply the standard audio preset via the bars own remote then press the ASC (adaptive sound control) button on LG remote, on your TV/devices leave the audio format as PCM 2.0 , dont pass Dolby/DTS 5.1.

That may give you a louder audio output, you may still have to change volume depending upon the source.
Thank you I did this played with it a bit and now it's louder 👍🏻👌

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom