1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Sony

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by sonofmoth, Jan 17, 2004.

1. sonofmoth

sonofmoth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    does anyone know anything about the new Sony NX300. I;ve only seen a pic of it and there's nothing on the Sony UK website. It does look rather fetching and have only seen the NX200 in the shops. When's the NX300 available. Is it the same as the HQ100 that is on the Sony.de site?

Thanks in advance :)

2. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    bit of a strange one this,apparently they have decided to stop doing it.i think it looked like it could have been a great set,anyway i guy i know at sony said there is some sort of conference and it is know getting released i will know next week

3. sonofmoth

sonofmoth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    cool, I may take a trip to the Sony shop tomorrow to quiz them too. I may be p'ing in the wind by asking them though ! It does look v tasty. Some internet shops list it but I want to know if it does dual screen or PIP. It has two tuners, digital and analogue so that's a start :)

4. oregon

oregon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The NX300 models were due to be released last October, but were then delayed until January because of what various Sony dealers described as 'manufacturing problems'. Earlier this month the two models were actually posted on Sony's UK web site, only to be removed a few days later (cue Twilight Zone music).

If these problems are performance based, it may be because the combination of the already proven Triniton SFP (Super Fine Pitch) Tube and onboard digital tuner are failing to deliver as expected? Alternatively, Sony may be wondering whether it's worth actually bothering with the NX300 at all when they could just release the practically identical (but non-digital) HQ100 series in the UK instead.

5. sonofmoth

sonofmoth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    spoke to Sony shop today and the guy reckoned that they won't be coming as they would be too expensive and that people would buy a plasma instead. Shame
    :(

6. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently, it will be the HQ100 after all... (see here )

Wish they'd just make their minds up:(

7. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I am surprised they are not doing it as an IDTV - a TV with no suitable tuner oh wow.

If it had NO tuner perhaps but not no digital tuner.

I wouldn't buy a non IDTV but I would buy a monitor

8. sonofmoth

sonofmoth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    cheers, I saw that. Still looks great although there's space for only one box on the stand. I assume one should buy the Sony HDD/DVD writer.