Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

New Sony VTX-D800U but no Menu?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by sefton, Sep 30, 2004.

1. sefton

sefton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help!

I've just tried to hook up my Sony VTX-D800U to my Philips 30" 30PF9975 LCD via scart (tried all 4 of them) and my lcd recognises that the Sony box is being turned on as it brings up Ext1/2/3 etc but theres NO MENU from the Sony so I cant auto tune it!! Ive followed the instructions to the letter, hooked my ariel into the back of the sony box and then looped it back into the LCD etc etc.

Has anyone any clues what I might be doing wrong! Maybe I need to tell the LCD to recognise the Sony box but how?

Thanks

2. matty2767

matty2767

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    press menu on the sony remote and choose tuning. if you have turned on and the off the sony box before tuning and nsetup then you wont get the initial on screens message and such.

3. sefton

sefton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats the problem I'm afraid I can't get the menu in the first place :(

The sony light is red, I switch the LCD on and then I Switch the sony on. and......Nothing :confused:

Phoned helpline, they suggested I reboot the sony by pressing and holding the on/off button for 5 secs. Did nothing. Then they said they didnt know and that maybe I should send it back for a replacement!

I think this is what Im going to have to do...

4. plaver

plaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    When the sony box is ON the light should be GREEN and OFF is RED

Press the switch at the bottom of the unit until the light goes GREEN

5. sefton

sefton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried all these things but to no avail. No optin but to box it and send it back :(

I will try any ideas from people but I will post it back tommorrow if none work!

Thanks...