new Sony VPL-VW270E replacing ageing Epson TW-3500 - how improved will it be ?

Think most people know that the main difference between the sony and JVC panels are contrast related, JVC might have a bit higher pixel fill on the panels from what i seen, its also possible its just better lenses on the SONY projectors..
Agreed, but whist people might know the differences between the two, they may not know they are both LCOS. Plus you were demonstrating fill rate not contrast.
No worries. It was just a thought that wandered through my mind during a half a second of idleness. ;):)

Agreed, but whist people might know the differences between the two, they may not know they are both LCOS. Plus you were demonstrating fill rate not contrast.
No worries. It was just a thought that wandered through my mind during a half a second of idleness. ;):)
Then it would also need to specify that LCD is Epson and Panasonic, and DLP is Benq Optoma and so on, the point of it is also a bit not to upset any specifik brand owners, you know how fast that can get personal.
Its only a rough basic idea of what to expect from different panel types in relation to pixel fill, and some dont even see a difference between a Sony 4K projector and a epson 1080P eshifter, so its very individual how people see these differences.

If you like your welcome to update it, and add specifik brands and models to the 3 different examples.

Then it would also need to specify that LCD is Epson and Panasonic, and DLP is Benq Optoma and so on,
Okay, so put LCOS then, which is the base tech, and get rid of DiLA which is the JVC branded version. Simples.

Okay, so put LCOS then, which is the base tech, and get rid of DiLA which is the JVC branded version. Simples.
Your welcome to do so, i dont know where its originally from, you might want to get some specs on Sony LCOS first to confirm they are around the same pixel fill.

Your welcome to do so, i dont know where its originally from, you might want to get some specs on Sony LCOS first to confirm they are around the same pixel fill.
Nah, it was your image. ;)

I saw the fill rate in a Sony white paper. It said 92% or 93% fill rate. Can't recall exactly which.

Just to update the thread , settled on the Epson, am blown away by the step up over my old one! Am very pleased , thanks for all your replies which helped sway my decision away from the Sony .

Just to update the thread , settled on the Epson, am blown away by the step up over my old one! Am very pleased , thanks for all your replies which helped sway my decision away from the Sony .
9300 or 9400?

Nice one. I've just moved from an Epson 9300 to Sony 590. That's a jump again. The 9400 is a gorgeous projector

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom