New Sony tv remote response time slow !!

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by lfcsmithylfc, Jun 29, 2015.

1. lfcsmithylfc

lfcsmithylfc
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there....I just signed up as you guys seem to know what you're talking about....whereas im pretty clueless tbh. And i wanted to say hi. This is also the first Sony TV that ive ever owned.
    So Basically I purchased a new TV yesterday...Its a Sony Bravia 50" W80C
    Ive managed to set it all up and and downloaded the latest software for it via the on screen menu.....it took a while to do this but it completed in around 30 mins......So far so good.........picture quality great etc etc.
    So i thought id try the android part of the tv and downloaded a game which was about 1.4 gb in size.
    Played the game and it worked ok, so left the game and went back to the tv side of things.
    This is where i noticed a change in the response times when i was pressing the remote buttons....it just seems like the tv had slowed down like an old computer with lots of rubbish on it.
    For example id press the button to change the source and it would take 2-3 seconds before the source list appeared......also when im on the main sony menu (by pressing the Home button) and i scroll left or right, its just juddery and not a sharp movement i you get what i mean.
    So im asking if there is a setting or something that i may need to change.....or is it to do with the Android side of things? Should i be closing things down in android? I could maybe understand if id had the tv a while and downloaded tons of android stuff.....but not after d/loading 1 game and only having the tv for a few hours.
    Like i say.....before i tried the android things the TV seemed to run through the menus etc like i expected a new Sony tv to do...nice and quick.

Any help would be very much appreciated
    Regards

2. skk3

skk3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +249
    My TV is a bit slow to respond whilst it warms up; say the first 45 seconds, but after that I have not noticed any issues...

3. lfcsmithylfc

lfcsmithylfc
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm mine is like it no matter how long its been on......disappointed at the moment with that part of it....but everything else im happy with.

4. hazeyb

hazeyb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    There is another Sony Android update being rolled out today. This update is improving overall stability and speed of use apparently.

5. lfcsmithylfc

lfcsmithylfc
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that info.....i will check later and hopefully it will fix my issue.
    Just a question....if my tv is set up for auto updates, will it automatically install them? or if not, where will i find the downloaded update so that i can install it myself?
    Cheers

6. lfcsmithylfc

lfcsmithylfc
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ***UPDATE***
    So i installed the new software released yesterday and it seems so far to have fixed the slow menu scrolling/general remote input sluggishness that i was having. So far so good. ;)