1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new Sony TV/DVD green tinge

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by JoeyL, Jul 13, 2004.

1. JoeyL

JoeyL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

My first post here, hoping someone here will help!

I have just purchased and set up a new Sony 32" TV (KV32CS70) and Sony Home cinema (DAV-sa30).

I have connected the DVD to the TV via SCART to one of the TV's RGB SCART sockets (its actually labelled "DVD"), and all seemed well.

However, the DVD player claims to output RGB, so I entered the DVD player settings and switched its LINE output from VIDEO to RGB. However when I do this the TV picture has a noticeable "green tinge".

I was lead to believe that RGB is better than VIDEO? Am I right?
    What might be causing this Green Tinge? I tried a different SCART lead and the other SCART inputs on the TV - same result unfortunately...

I'd appreciate any helpful ideas!

Thanks, Joe.

2. opo101

opo101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I also have the DAV-SA30, are you sure the TV scart is RGB? Sounds a stupid question i know. Have you also tried putting it into another scart on the TV, Not the designated DVD one? Other than that I'm not sure what the problem is! I have the same problem, but i don't think my TV supports RGB (Need to upgrade it!)

3. JoeyL

JoeyL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi opo101,
    Ya, definitely connected to the RGB SCART on the TV.
    Since I originally posted, I brought back the DVD player to the shop, where I got the guy there to test it on one of the displayed TV sets - and it worked perfectly there!
    So, they are arranging to have my TV replaced - hopefully tomorrow evening... We'll see if that sorts the problem, doesn't inspire much confidence in Sony though, although it is a brand new model TV.

Joe.

4. JoeyL

JoeyL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just an FYI
    After many phone calls, I had my new Sony TV replaced, only to find that the replacement has exactly the same problem.
    Sony Centre have just contacted me to let me know that Sony have now recognised this as an actual software problem which is affecting this particular model, right across the board.
    Apparently, I was the first person to report this "bug"! Surely thousands of this particular model TV have been sold in the last few weeks, many customers probably not aware of any problem.

I am told Sony are working on a fix, which will involve some kind of software upgrade on the TV. Worst case scenario is a full product recall.

So, anyone considering this new Sony model (KV32CS70), beware!!

Has anyone heard of this happen before? And how long do these fixes normally take to get done?! This experience has seriously put me off the Sony brand.

5. matty2767

matty2767

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have found that sony is spot on when it comes to cust support. if you explain that you are very disapointed, with products from what you consider a blue chip company, but you accept that there are sometimes faults with equipment blah blah (be resonable) carnt they upgrade you to the next model up?. it is worth the try at least your money for the current tv will be with them rather than returning it for a panny or whatever.