New sony tv and home surround issue , help

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by wood, May 5, 2016.

1. wood

wood
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a new KD55X8509C tv which I have just set up with my old sony DZ260 home theatre . I'm going round in circles trying work out why it wont turn down the surround system with tv remote . It will turn up but not down .
    To confuse you more I can can turn it down with surround remote to say volume number 11 and then when I use the tv remote it will keep on going up but it wont go lower than 11 ( 11 is just an example number )
    If I switch the surround off on say 20 , then when I turn it back on it will come on on 20 but again will not turn down with tv remote but will go up . I could just use the surround controller for the volume but trying to cut down on the remotes . The surround also worked perfectly when plugged into the old Panasonic tv set .
    I have hdmi from surround to the tv and optical from tv to surround .Also sky hd box connected via hdmi to tv and sky box .
    Hopefully your not to confused and Any suggestions will be more than welcome .