1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Sony & Toshiba RPs

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by sirjohnofbalham, May 3, 2001.

1. sirjohnofbalham

sirjohnofbalham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know anything about the Toshiba 40PW13B (looks identical to the other Tosh 40 series) and the Sony KP44PS2. It would be nice if the Sony was a tabletop model (assuming this is technically possible) so that auxilllary equipment could be placed on a stand below the set rather than the usual floor standers.

2. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Sounds reasonable they are about, the other models appear to be in a big sell off from some of the mag advertisers!
    ie. They are going from about £1200+ with 5 yr policy, stand, speakers etc......

[ 04-05-2001: Message edited by: General Skanky ]

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dunno about the Tosh but the Sony is on their website - looks a little like a funky 1970's 'entertainment center' with its side cabinets. Wonder how much it costs.....?

4. Del

Del

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I'm just hoping that if these new models are about that maybe Toshiba and Sony will consider Progressive Scan.
    In addition Toshiba should consider replacing the wired screen cover(Sorry don't know what else to call it!!) it has on the '08 series.
    I've seen the Toshiba (46") '08 & Sony (41") 'DS1 side by side, although the Toshiba has by far a better picture, the Sony image looks brighter I assume because of the type of screen cover they use.

Anyway I assume that we won't know much about New RPs until Autumn

5. mikeaitch

mikeaitch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    The 40w13b is the replacement for the current 50hz model, but it is largely a rehash of the present model with a different colour cabinet and some minor interior changes. The new model is imminent; the wh08 range will be replaced with a brand new 42in model with integrated digital tuner and brighter silver finish. The new Sony is a floorstander, with the side cabinets optional. it has drc but no component inputs.There is a bit more info available by searching for ps2 on Sony.com

6. Del

Del

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Thanx for the reply Morpheus

Checked out the sony website. PS2 looks interesting! :)

Come on Toshiba howza 'bout an update!!

It should be an interesting runup to xmas?

I wonder if Hitachi will be replacing their RP contribution?

7. Del

Del

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I'm curious where did you hear about these new models if the exist?

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys...

I have news for you!!!

Yeah, the Sony KP44PS2 looks pretty good, but it is £2,276. This is the cheapest I have seen it, right up to nearly £3,000.

The good news is, Panasonic has brought out one aswell... It is called TX42PT10, and is only £1,659. Apparently it has a brighter screen which can be used in brightly lit rooms, and a good viewing angle, both vertically and horizontally.

They are both available in June (next week), and are already on the Unbeatable.com websight.

The Panasonic can be found on there websight under TAU, not Television.

Good luck guys

Bas_boy