New Sony Screens

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by starfire, Jun 24, 2004.

1. starfire

starfire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
  2. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Maybe you should change the thread title to "Black PJ Screens" or something like that, this is a very interesting subject and I would love to see one of these screens in action (In a lit room of course).

3. Stinja

Stinja
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,120
    Wow - potentially a big shake up in the fundamentals of projectors! Would increase popularity quite a bit too i'd imagine, which in turn would lead to more development and lower prices. All good news for us - but it depends heavily on the pricing. Ii could be bad if they start off trying to capture just the business market with US$3000 screens, then when thats saturated drop it to US$1K, then budget models for casual HC consumers - might take years before they are affordable to joe public.

4. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I think Sony are aiming at a $500 price as most people dont want to spend more on the screen than the Projector as they are keeping the budget market in mind.