New Sony S-DIAT Receiver and Speaker package

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Beatnik, Feb 3, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Beatnik

Beatnik
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all, this is my first post so be kind. I thought I'd share a bit of new product information with you (or at least new to me).

I was interested in the Sony DAV-SR4W primarily because of the S-DIAT rear wireless speakers. However, the main downside was that it was an "all-in-one" box that didn't have a DVD Recorder. I'd much rather go down the "seperates" root, but it was looking like I'd have to sacrifice the S-DIAT wireless speakers.

However, after doing a bit of surfing last night I discovered this page. It seems to show two new Sony models, the STR-KSL900W (Surround Sound Receiver) and the SA-VE901P (Wireless Speaker Package). I think together they are known as the HTSL900FN.

[​IMG]

This is exactly what I'm after. An S-DIAT receiver that I can hook up a DVD Recorder to, and some nice floor standing speakers. Judging by the picture I think the RDR-GXD500 DVD Recorder is in the same range, together they would make a great set.

More information here seems to reveal that the STR-KSL900W has the following features,

• DTS
    • Dolby ProLogic II
    • S-DIAT
    • 2 Optical Inputs
    • 1 Coaxial Input

I'm hoping this is out in March, but I was wondering if any of you have some more information about these products?

Cheers,
    Beatnik.

EDIT:
    Turns out the model number is actually the HT-SL900W, and the instruction manual is here .

2. Beatnik

Beatnik
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :mad:

As it turns out you can't get this model in the UK. It looks like it is only available in Spain. Does anyone have any experience with importing Sony home theatre kit? I was wondering if it was possible to order the HT-SL900W from Spain.

Any advice?