New Sony RGB problem.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by JoeyL, Jul 13, 2004.

1. JoeyL

JoeyL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

My first post here, hoping someone here will help!

I have just purchased and set up a new Sony 32" TV (KV32CS70) and Sony Home cinema (DAV-sa30).

I have connected the DVD to the TV via SCART to one of the TV's RGB SCART sockets (its actually labelled "DVD"), and all seemed well.

However, the DVD player claims to output RGB, so I entered the DVD player settings and switched its LINE output from VIDEO to RGB. However when I do this the TV picture has a noticeable "green tinge".

I was lead to believe that RGB is better than VIDEO? Am I right?
    What might be causing this Green Tinge? I tried a different SCART lead and the other SCART inputs on the TV - same result unfortunately...

I'd appreciate any helpful ideas!

Joe.

2. Quinny

Quinny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is the input on your T.V. set to RGB input? I know that on my Sony TV only one of the inputs accepts RGB. Perhaps you have plugged an RGB input into an S-Video or Composite configured Scart?

Can you improve the picture by changing the colour and contrats settings?

This is all I can think of?

3. JoeyL

JoeyL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I can tell 2 of the 3 SCART inputs on the TV accept RGB. The one I have plugged into is labelled "DVD". I tried the other SCART sockets - same problem.
    It is a new model SONY TV, it replaces the KV32FX68 model.

The picture looks fine when the DVD is set to its default setting (VIDEO). But if I switch it to RGB, the screen goes blank for a second and then the DVD player's splash screen reappears with a greeny tinge.

The TV appears to recognise that an RGB input device is connected (The "channel" Icon changes at the top left of the Screen to the RGB icon.)

I haven't tried messing with the colour settings on TV - I don't think this would solve it...??

4. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Do you have any other RGB equipment (DIgi tv Sky etc) plug one of this in. Need to isolate if its a tv problem or DVD. Sounds to me like the Green part of the signal is being over emphasized or perhaps the Red & blue is not getting displayed at all hence the green tinge.

5. JoeyL

JoeyL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no, unfortunately I've no other devices to test it and isolate the problem.. Very very annoying! I'll try fiddling with it again this evening and if I still get no joy, it may be time to ring the engineer...