New Sony Reviews/Opinions?

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone seen the new Sony MRX1 plasma yet? If so, what was the PQ like? I've been looking around but none in my area. I've seen the 32" LCD but that's it.

Anyone know if there are any up and coming reviews of the set? I know the last one wasn't supposed to be much good but wondered if the new one was any better.

Thanks

i have seen all new sopny plasmas nothing new ave to say. but did see the new 61" with a blu ray recorder pluged in. wa amazed by te picture quality of that.

They are bringing out all sorts of new flat screen's with built in DVB-T (freeview) tuners later this year, should be interesting.

all new sony plasmas or lcds are out apart from the xs range. all ending with mrx1 have freeview as well xs range which are intergrated units. if anyone needs to see new sony plasmas including 61" should all be on show at the sony centre galleria on tottenham court road. my little shop only has the 32" lcd and 42" mrx1 plasma. by the way the 32" lcd has already broken only had it 3days. hoping its a one off.

Sadly, Tottenham Court Road is a little far for me to travel (live in not so sunny South Wales). I only get to London about once a year if I'm lucky.

I only wondered as I'm looking for a replacement plasma and the old mr1 had only mediocre reviews. I've seen two of the 32"LCD screens and they've both been working fine so hopefully your's was a one off!

I take it from your comments that you aren't particularly impressed with the new ones. As a matter of interest, does the 42 plasma have an analogue tuner as well as the digital one and does it the screen refresh at 50hz like the old one did?

Cheers

all sony models ave analogue tuners. does look like the 50hz refresh rate but dont know if its true or not. not dat im not imporessed just nothing massively differnet to wots on the market. but they do look nice.

Thanks Devilpup for the info. My wife is quite keen on one of these so may see if JL Bristol are having any on display: that's probably the nearest to where I live.

Cheers!

ok just had the new kdep42mrx1 into and set it up with a ns585 quite a basic sony dvd player via component with progresive turned on. watched gladiator and have to say was amazed by the result. even with such a basic dvd player the picture was amazing. i will hopefully setup ythe kde50mrx1 next week hoping 4 just as gbood a poicture will have ns930 hooked up to that just cant be bothered to do it to next week. also the black on the 42" are the best i have ever seen on a plasma by far.

Devilpup, hope you don't mind if I ask you one more (possibly stupid) question. By way of background (and sorry to bore you with the details) I had to send my panny 6 back because I could see the picture shimmer on large areas of one colour (particularly white) and the Pioneer doesn't do this. I wondered if the Sony had any issues in this regard (that was why I was wondering earlier if it was a 50hz set which I believe was part of the problem I had with the panny).

It was particularly noticeable on, for example, the Jacobs Creek adverts they show before and during Friends on E4 and also, on the language select screen of the R2 dvd of Bruce Almighty (they had Jim Carrey and Morgan Freeman against a largely white background). Have you noticed anything of this type on any images you've tried? There's no point in me considering one if there is as once I saw it, I found it very distracting.

I was really interested in your comments regarding the black as I was a big fan of the panny picture otherwise and I'm not really impressed with the black on the pioneer (although I know I'm probably being too awkward ) hence my interest in the Sony.

i know wot u mean by shimmer as the old modl had this provblem. a yet have not noticed the prtoblem watched the whiole of gladitor and watched an hour of hits like my job. anyway back to the point had it running nonprogresive via component and progressive and did not notice any shimmer problem. same with the kdll32mrx1 noticed no shimmer as yet. as got the broken one replaced today. will post if notice any shimmer but after like 3-4hiours of view noticed nothing but a great picture.

Thanks again for the input. I'm going to have to go and have a look at one as soon as I can find somewhere with one in stock. Don't think they have them in Bristol and our local Sony Centres don't stock them as they're too expensive (same reason I'm not likely to see the LCD 42" screen.

Cheers for your comments!

devilpup said:
ok just had the new kdep42mrx1 into and set it up with a ns585 quite a basic sony dvd player via component with progresive turned on.

Is that possible with the ns585? I thought it only had Scart component RGB, I thought for progressive scan you would need 3BNC or RCA connectors.

adh

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom