1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Sony lineup

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by mossmanfly, Jan 15, 2004.

1. mossmanfly

mossmanfly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Just looking on the internet and came across

http://news.sel.sony.com/pressrelease/4240

seems the new Sony range will be out in February in the US. Any news on the UK release?

I am off to New York in Easter and was going to get a Sony TRV14 soon, so I can get use to the camera etc. But if a new line is coming out I think I may wait, as the old cameras will either be very cheap just before the new stock comes in, or I can get a newer model that adds more features and is smaller.

2. mossmanfly

mossmanfly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    More news here

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/sony-ces-hc20-hc30-hc40-hc65-hc85-pc109-01_07_04.htm

Seems there also reducing the CCD to 1/6" for most of them. So I don't know whether to go get a TRV14 as there doesnt seem to be much difference apart from size and a smaller design. And if the CCD is smaller it could have a lower quality low light performance. Also uses the smaller battery type so could give less performance. One thing good is the automatic lens cap.

And to be honest looking at the camera I dont quite like the look of it as the old models. And the side doesnt look as comfortable as the old models, as theres no real step where the zoom button is.

3. SNICK

SNICK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Hi mossman - got my TVR 14 today- and although I haven't been able to film anything in 'natural' light - so far i'm extremely impressed.

Excellent build quality (that's sony for you) and indoor recordings are far better than i'd expected. Me 2 going to NYC - end of next month - can't wait to get up the empire state with the TVR 14 and
    film the manhattan skyline

4. mossmanfly

mossmanfly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Nice. Thats the camcorder I will order tommorow. Dad said to me that he would go halves on it as well as the extra battery and tapes etc. Going to try and get the camcorder from Lets Go Digital and then the battery, tapes, case and firewire lead from Amazon. About £450 altogether so only £225 out of my pocket :D.

Can't wait for NYC, wanted to go there for ages. Main reason for getting the camcorder. Just before Christmas I got interested in camcorders when I was talking to a friend. Saw how much you could pay for a miniDV camcorder and thought "why not?".Hoping to actually move there once I finish Uni, which is only 6 months away.

What battery have you got Snick? As I am opting for a QM71D, as its a bit bigger than the standard one but offers a lot more recording time. Looked at the QM91D, but that seems overly big and would probably make the camera back heavy, plus you can just about get 2 QM71D's for the price of a QM91D and have more battery power.

5. SNICK

SNICK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I've ordered a FM50 - which will hopefully give me twice the performance of the one which comes with the Camcorder - like you, i don't want anything to big protruding out of the back.
    Ordered it from Global batteries.com - their prices we good.

Good luck with the TVR14 when u get it and happy filming!

6. mossmanfly

mossmanfly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Found the Global Battery site. Very nice prices, will probably order from them once I know whether the "D" is important in the battery name, as otherwise nearly £30 saving is good. May even get 2 etc batteries to be on the safe side :D.

How much is p+p? Or is it free?