1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Sony LCDs

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by ginger, Oct 25, 2004.

1. ginger

ginger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For anyone who hasn't spotted it, there's a press release at HCC regarding new Sony LCDs
    http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/shownews.php?id=7053
    New models are KLV-30HR3 and KLV-27HR3 (+ a plasma). Does anyone know any more about them? The article is a bit light on information. A quick surf on the Sony website shows the only other LCD with a similar numbering convention to be the KLV-17HR3 http://www.sony.co.uk/ShowProduct.do?site=odw_en_GB&category=TVP+Flat+Panel+TV&product=KLV-17HR3 and if they've just made a bigger version of this then I wouldn't be interested but I'd be surprised if that's the case.

I've e-mailed their on-line helpdesk for any more info, so if by some miracle they actually know about these then I'll post the reponse here.

2. DaveBUK

DaveBUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. jgrg

jgrg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I was excited that these new Sony models might have DVI or HDMI input, but thye don't. If/when Sony brings out models with digital inputs, I think I'll find myself reaching for my credit card...

James

4. thearrowmaker

thearrowmaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Was considering the KLV-30HR3 until I read there were no component inputs. I thought these were standard on most lcd's these days. Obviously not!